Little lettuce monster pin cushion

I discovered I am great at losing sewing needles, one was found on the floor and the other in my pillow, so I decided to make a pin cushion before someone got impaled.

I for some reason had three different shades of green felt. Anything that isn’t felt is thread or paint pen :leafy_green:

Edit: it was too cute to stab, so I made it a backpack.

I used magnets to secure the needles and close it when it has no thread in it ( I also lose thread a lot). I named it Ethan

28 Likes

Yikes! Scary story, but cute little lettuce friend.
Do you know about magnetic needle minders? You can buy them but they are easy enough to DIY. Needles lost in pillows? Maaayybeee a good next project for you. :flushed:

5 Likes

This little guy is so cute! I love his lettuce hair.

2 Likes

My feet have found many a pin for me! Love your little guy his face is so cute!

2 Likes

Yes, imagine my face when he told me he found his lost needle in his pillow. Ack!!

We have small earth magnets. He could totally add a magnet pocket on the backside.

3 Likes

May your needles remain with your lettuce and not in unfortunate stabby places henceforth! (glad to hear the pillow incident wasn’t a problem…)

3 Likes

Probably is XD

I am as well, it would’ve been a very nasty surprise :grimacing:

1 Like

So cute! Almost too cute to stab with pins and needles!

1 Like

Eep! Good solution and cute, too!

1 Like

I know T-T actually having problems stabbing it

1 Like

I love the modifications kiddo. The backpack just ups the cute factor! Ethan is a good name.

2 Likes

Adorable!!! I love the backpack!

1 Like

It’s expression kills me. I don’t think Ethan wanted to get stabbed either. LOL! This is fabulous.

1 Like

Congratulations! This has been selected as one of this week’s featured projects.

2 Likes

I just love so many of your decisions! Design, colors, form AND function.

As well as the decision to not be able to stab the poor fellow! Really great work!

2 Likes

This is awesome! Poor Ethan doesn’t need to be stabbed

2 Likes

XD thank you

2 Likes

Too cute! I’m glad you gave Ethan a backpack :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

So cute! The backpack was a genius solution! I love how it even has room to hold your thread.

1 Like