Little needle books

I made these for my IYP partners. I had never made needle books before, so this was a real experiment! Thereโ€™s a bit of wonkiness but I was pretty happy with how they turned out.

I had a plastic cutting board that had gotten a lil too close to the heat :grimacing: so I decided to repurpose it here. I wanted to make sure nobody got poked by errant needles!

I found some fuzzy upholstery fabric (yay for stash!) and also used some scrap cotton for the lining. I also decided after a couple of false starts and much deliberation (and channeling of @roler) that I would embellish them with felt and/or embroidery.

These measure about 3 inches square when closed.

For @TheMistressT:

For @tendstowardschaos:

20 Likes

Those are so danged cute. Seriously, the fuzzy was a great choice and that possom face, lol. Awesome.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

These are SO pretty! Love the fuzzy fabric choices and the darling whimsical decorations!

3 Likes

Thank you! And thanks for the inspiration! :wink:

2 Likes

I love my little opossum pal! Opal? No.

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!!!

2 Likes

These are so cute! And functional!

2 Likes

These came out sooo cute! I love the flowery one.

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone!

I love my flowery needle book (already using it :slight_smile:), but that possum book is equally awesome! Opossums are such neat creatures and weirdly cute, too.

3 Likes

Thanks! Iโ€™m so glad you like it!

1 Like

That fabric really looks like possum fur.
Love the flowers, too.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

OMG these are adorable!!! I love the closure you chose as well

3 Likes

These are amazing. I love the fuzzy backgrounds you used. These will be very useful and are so cute to boot!

4 Likes

Thanks, Ladies!

1 Like

How pretty!

3 Likes

These are both gorgeous and so useful too! I bet the lucky recipients will smile every time they use them :smile:

4 Likes

They are so intricate for only 3"! The opossum is so much fun and the flower is very elegant. Love the leaf clasp too! Awesome touch.

2 Likes