Little Ravenclaw Banner

I had the delightful @pottermouth for a partner in the Little Good Things swap and I knew almost immediately that I wanted to do something Ravenclaw for her. Blue, Books, Pottterish, Yes, without a doubt I wanted to do something Ravenclaw. But you know last swap on the old site and I wanted it to be a little special, so decided to embroider something in banner form rather than Hoopla form. So here it is. The design is small, maybe 4" by 5". I googled to find the exact DMC colors for Ravenclaw’s bronze and blue - I think if I had it to do over, I would have picked a darker shade. Does seem a bit too gold.

21 Likes

As a ravenclaw, I absolutely love this!

2 Likes

This is awesome, and my Ravenclaw son says this is the CORRECT Ravenclaw crest. Nice!

2 Likes

The stitching is so wonderful. It looks like it would be amazing to touch, that gold work is so lusciously dense.

2 Likes

Lovely!

1 Like

This is amazing! Your embroidery, as always, is exquisite!

1 Like

This looks amazing, and it’s great that you decided to make something special for your last swap :slight_smile: And even if it’s not bronze it still looks great I think. Lucky partner

1 Like

Stunning stitching! I love that you googled the exact DMC colors. Totally a Ravenclaw. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I love it! The colors are just right and the stitches are so perfect. Well done.

1 Like

Thank you all, I really appreciate all the positive comments.

That came out great!

1 Like

Very nice! I love the banner instead of a hoopla!! Great idea!

1 Like

I am mad in love with it!!! It hangs next to my craft table and makes me happy.

Lemme talk about @Averia’s stitching for a minute…pure perfection! Tiny, precise, and so very delicate. Wow.

Thank you again for my new treasure!

1 Like

Beautifully done! Clever way of finishing an embroidered piece!

1 Like

Fantastic! Your teeny tiny stitches are perfect!

1 Like

I really appreciate you chose to do a banner (vs hoop). Much more fandom appropriate!

also, excellent stitchwork!

:metal:

1 Like

I came back to admire this again, because even though I’ve never read Harry Potter, and I’m pretty vague about what a Ravenclaw is, your stitching is just beautiful!!

1 Like