Lobster Magnet

One of my partner’s themes in the magnet swap was Maine, and the two times I have been there was for LobsterFest, so I immediately knew I needed to crochet her a lobster!

I mostly followed the pattern from Kara Lyon’s blog. (wew.karabouts.com)

The lobster wouldn’t attach to fridge with magnet inside, so I glued it to the bottom.

To keep the pinches from flailing, I sewed them together.

It’s about 3".

18 Likes

That’s cute!

1 Like

Ah! So cute!

1 Like

That is perfect!

1 Like

Ha! That is so great!

1 Like

Adorable!

1 Like

Mine, all mine! I do love his flailing pincher action, though… thanks again! I love him very much!!!

1 Like

This is fantastic!

1 Like

Super cute! I never thought of crocheting a magnet before.

2 Likes

How fun! I never would’ve thought of using a crocheted item as a magnet. What a great idea for a Maine theme!

1 Like

Adorable! Good idea to attach the magnet to the outside. And, smart thinking to stitch the claws together, too!

1 Like

@geekgirl @abbeeroad @kittykill @mistressJennie @gozer Thank you!
@bethntim Thanks! I have a lobster magnet myself from LobsterFest, so it had extra meaning!
@endymion Thanks so much! I’m so glad you love him!
@MegAskunk @AudiobookLover Thanks ladies! I’ve made crochet flowers into magnets before, it was easy to consider it for this. Crochet is very versatile, isn’t it?
@craftADDchick After about 2 tries to use the magnet inside, I had to give up and put it outside! But hey, I still got a cute lobster magnet regardless! Thank you.

3 Likes

Love your lobster! We just moved to Atlantic Canada and lobsters are every where here.

1 Like