Loom beaded wrap bracelet

I made this loom beaded wrap bracket back in 2018. I really like it but misjudged how long to make it so it’s about 2” too long for me to wear easily.

Here you can see my clever attempt to try to shorten it while wearing

In progress

21 Likes

Very nice! Love all the patterns you created with the beads.

1 Like

This is soo cool! Shame about the length. I don’t blame you for trying to rig up a way to wear it!

1 Like

Beautiful! Love all the colors…looks like it would go with everything and it doesn’t jangle…

1 Like

that’s gorgeous!

1 Like

It’s really nice.

Seeing this reminded me that I did loom beading with our sons many years ago, thanks for jogging my memory.

1 Like

Wow. I would never make one of those too long. I would keep checking to see when I could stop! Ha! That’s a lot of work. It’s very pretty.

1 Like

The problem is you can’t untension it from the loom so you have to basically guess at the length you want it to be before you start and then “surprise!” at the end. But it was my first try making something like that so there might be a trick I missed :).

1 Like

I have only done bead weaving once and it was a pure labor of love. It did not come naturally to me, but I love the way it looks.

You’ve made such great patterns with the beads, it would’ve been a shame to have missed out on those extra 2", right?

1 Like

Absolutely lovely!

1 Like

That’s interesting–are there only the two warp threads? On the sides? I would think it would want to collapse/fold in half as you wore it. Are the side threads something very stiff? I have so many questions.

I love the color palette.