Loose black textured jersey dress

I decided to try this Ida Dress pattern. I wanted a quick sew and this is definitely a quick sew. I’m not sure how I feel about the finished product. It sewed up fine, no issues there. It’s just that I love loose, shapeless designs in dresses but they don’t always look that great on me. If nothing else, it’s super comfy and I’ll definitely wear it to kick it around the neighborhood.

Close up of the textured jersey.

And an outtake photo because this is my life now with a super bitey piranhasauraus rex puppy.

12 Likes

It looks super comfortable which I’m all about! It’s hard to see much detail being black, but I say rock it and rock on!

2 Likes

A black dress is a classic staple in most wardrobes and this one is fabulous in texture, design, and comfort. Great creation!

2 Likes

Texture!! And puppy rex!!

:metal:

1 Like

Looks so comfy. An extra :heart: for your puppy.

1 Like

I like the crossover detail of the V neckline very much. You did a nice job.

1 Like

ROFL bitey but oh so adorable. And matchy!! lol. SUPER cute dress. Looks supremely comfy. Clothing is still a mystery to me in the sewing universe, so I’m always super wowed when something looks totally pro like this. Great work!

1 Like

That looks like a great dress, and super comfy! I love that the rib makes it look like corduroy :smile:

1 Like

Love it! Versatile and classic. Love the textured jersey!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. It’s growing on me. I think I need to style it with jewelry and accessories. I bet I could dress it up.

It looks great on you!
I love the textured jersey and I bet the dress is very comfy.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Your feedback encouraged me and I wore it to work today! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes