Lost and Found Art - water color and acrylic

I visited Texas a couple of weeks ago and my parents found a treasure trove of my old paintings! I did these in 1994 for an arts and crafts fair but they didn’t sell. Not sure how they ended up in a box of books in their garage for 27 years but they did… I still really like these pieces. Some of the items in the box were not great.

And without further adieu!

13 Likes

Wow! Very cool! Love that first one, and the one with the netting and thread.

1 Like

thanks! I did a WHOLE bunch of pieces with that same mixed mesh and thread thing but I have no idea where any of them ended up.

1 Like

Maybe they sold at the art fair…? I love the mixed-media feel of it.

2 Likes

What a cool find! Perhaps now is the time for them to find new homes?

1 Like

Yes - that is kind of what I’m thinking. I am going to keep one or two but I might put some in frames and give them away.

2 Likes

I honestly do not remember - I know I did a TON of art and jewelry for a few craft shows around this same time but I don’t remember how much stuff sold.

1 Like

How great is that? I bet they bring back some great memories…and the fact that you were into arts and crafts early! I love that you did mixed media!

1 Like

Yes and no - I love the art, I remember the style I was going for but all in all the arts and craft fairs were not for me at that time. I didn’t like mass producing a bunch of work, but as I’ve gotten older, I’ve found the value in it so thinking of starting again…

1 Like

So amazing and unique. Those are my two favorite materials because of the amazing effects watercolor and acrylic provide. They have combined them and created such amazing works. It’s unbelievable. I was most impressed with the pre-last art, the elaborate mesh surface with many colors.

1 Like

Thanks! Its TULLE! I think I still have a teemy bit of the roll left somewhere.