My lovely friend is finally getting to have her wedding, it was twice postponed due to Covid. It’s a garden wedding with a steampunk theme. I offered to make some bunting, she’s got all the decorations in hand, but bunting is good for filling in corners.
Her colours are teal and copper.
Teal is a total PITA, because everyone has a different notion of what constitutes teal. I dyed this fabric with a procion dye called teal. And ordered this ribbon online called teal. They could not be more different.
She’s also been having so much bother with this issue, that she’s decided to be happy to go with anything in the turquoise-bluey-green spectrum.
I wasn’t happy with the contrast of the bunting and the ribbon, so I added the gear image to pull it together.
It was simply cut from a foam sheet, glue sticked to a cling stamp block, and printed with acrylic paint that I mixed to bring the two colours together.
I made about 40yards of bunting in all.