Love Fool - another valentine painting

Another one to add to my miniature paintings. This is from Romeo and Juliet (1996 version)

14 Likes

Another great likeness! What do you do with these when they’re done… how do you display them?

4 Likes

Lovely! The palm trees silhouetted against that orange sky is stunning, and you captured the actors perfectly.

3 Likes

Love, LOVE this one!! Best R&J ever. And a great soundtrack, too.

2 Likes

I remember when this movie came out. My friend and I were enamored by it, we had crushes on Leonardo and I thought Claire Danes was SO PRETTY.
I ended up purchasing a few of The Cardigans’ cds because of their song Lovefool on the soundtrack.
Beautiful!

4 Likes

You really capture such hard angles and motion within your work. I knew who they were instantly!

3 Likes

Beautiful! You must own some REALLY tiny paintbrushes!

3 Likes

@Bunny1kenobi - lol I do have some tiny brushes. But I’m still looking for more

@wittychild - thank you. I’m probably going to turn these into magnets. The Christmas ones I did I turn them into ornaments.

@Abbeeroad - I remember immediately asking to go get the cd after watching the movie lol. I listened to it A LOT.

@gozer - thank you so much! Like I mentioned to Endymion, I can’t take credit because I found the image on google. But I did paint it super tiny and was able to still make it recognizable so that’s awesome. :joy:

@endymion - I can’t take all the credit. I believe this is off of a poster or maybe the soundtrack. I can’t remember but I do agree, the black silhouettes against the orange is nice.

@irid3sc3nt - that movie and soundtrack were my everything. 6th grade me had an awakening to new style and music lol.

5 Likes