Love themed Doodle Drawing

I guess this drawing (in my Art Journal) suits Valentine’s Day.

27 Likes

That’s too nice to keep in a journal, it needs to be framed!

3 Likes

Aw, thanks, @MissingWillow!

I am amazed at your drawing skills, they are always so beautiful.

1 Like

I can’t stop looking at it…it is so hypnotizing…I just love the red with the black and white…it is my favorite combo so I am drawn to it…you work is precise and so neat…

I agree…with @MissingWillow…it is suitable for framing and showing off!

2 Likes

Lovely work - I especially like the sense of layers you’ve created with the patterns! The black and red is so dramatic too!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

There was nothing planned about this drawing, apart from the heart I drew with a template. All I did was mindlessly doodle, with a black and a red fine liner.
They’re just lines, and messy swirls, and not so round circles and not so square squares and filled in spaces and stuff like that. Oh, and happy accidents, like Bob Ross would call them.
I think everyone can do this. Seriously.
Everyone that is willing to doodle away a couple of hours.

1 Like

This is so fun. Doodling is the best.

1 Like

I love the bold red against the black and white!

1 Like

Nothing was planned, you just mindlessly doodled :flushed: :smiley:

I never would have known. The barn roofs at the top are wonderful (at least that’s what I see)

1 Like

I assure you, you have a talent! While anyone might be able to doodle, not everyone can doodle like this (as someone without a drawing talent, I consider myself a slight expert on this subject :laughing:).

1 Like

The asymmetrie and the ease with which the lines are drawn are the strength of the drawing. Luv it.

1 Like

For dozens of years everything I ever made HAD to be functional, perfect and beautiful.
Nothing less was ever good enough for me. I was always so hard on myself.
Now that I finally allow myself to just play around for the fun of it, I seem to be surprised when others still like my work.
So, thank you all very much!

5 Likes

This is so interesting to look at. Gorgeous!

2 Likes

Yahoo! Congrats on being one of this week’s featured projects!

2 Likes

:heart: that pop of red! Congrats :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s wonderful! Thank you, kittykill!

1 Like

Oh wow! That is such a pretty page!!
Haha, mindless doodling will end with black ink everywhere if I try that. I think I overthink doodling way too much!

Anyway, this is awesome! Congrats on being featured! :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Mesmerizingly lovely!

1 Like

That looks terrific! I can’t choose a favourite part though I really do like the bits that look like pages with cursive writing on them. Beautiful.

1 Like