Lower Michigan Garden Dragon

Easily confused with Dragon Bowl Z!

27 Likes

So sweetly fierce!

1 Like

I love this!!! So cute!

1 Like

And so well camouflaged in the greenery for stalking prey!

1 Like

Mighty (and) cute!

2 Likes

Oh my! This little guy has a big personality and is big on details. Love him!

1 Like

I love him, and love that you used the fabric bowl in a photo op too!

1 Like

That is amazing!!!

I feel like I should go check the garden and see if they have crossed the border to southern ontario…

1 Like

Another beautiful @Harlan creation :green_heart:

1 Like

They are known to be fond of Stratford and can be lured by Balzac coffee.

2 Likes

He is amazing!
He’s cute and fierce at the same time.
Always a pleasure to see one of your creations!

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

He turned out pretty well, but is a difficult creature. Very resistant to providing cute smiles. Giggles behind my back and is all seriousness when I work on him.

Interesting construction overall and dared myself to try something. I made felt cloth for the wings and after attaching them to the armature, I wet felted the wings again. Normally that isn’t something I do with a needle felted sculpture. I figured at worst I’d lose all the time and effort I put in, but at best doing the additional wet felting made the wings appear a bit more natural. I avoided getting the rest of the sculpture wet, but of course some areas did get wet or damp. The wicking nature of wool would draw some of the moisture off the wings and into the body. Without agitation there was no noticeable change.

:dragon:

3 Likes

Celebrating their 25th anniversary this week! Tents are up and rehearsals have started. :wink:

1 Like

Awww! Look at that little one hiding in the garden! Very nice!

1 Like

Ahh so cute! I love dragons and they’re perfect!

1 Like

Much longer than that. The Festival has been going since 1952. I have lots of memories and programs from Stratford!!

Balzac - maybe they’ve been 25 years. I know I’ve loved their coffee for that long and it is the only coffee I drink at home! :smiley: :coffee:

1 Like

He’s absolutely exquisite! Beautiful work, and the extra felting on the wings paid off. They look smoother and more like tissue between the strut bones! You did a wonderful job with the articulation and his little face is SO CUTE! :laughing: :two_hearts: Totally want one now… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I was unclear. Yes. Balzacs is celebrating 25 years. (it literally passed my social media feed seconds before I popped in here this morning)

And the first theatre season was '53. Not that I was alive to see it.:wink: But they’ve signed my paycheques since 2014.

1 Like

Balzac’s is great!! My son orders it for me. My favorite was the blend made for the Old Prune Restaurant, but that isn’t what I get these days.

My parents were involved in helping to get the Festival started. We went every year when I was growing up. Off and on since. Haven’t been there in recent years, sadly.

Working with the Festival has got to be marvelous!! Lucky you!!
Plus Stratford is just a charming small city! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

So fierce and majestic! The colors are superb! The better to blend in with, for sure. But you still gave her great varigation in the wings. And the rusty colored breastplate is just the right touch. Even Smaug would approve.

1 Like