Lucille the Seal Feltie

Here is the latest addition to my felt community. I will get a shot of them together soon, I am just trying to get shots of the ones I make right now.

This is Lucille. She hopped out of the pond last week and wanted to get right to carving pumpkins. She is very energetic and excited for the season.

She was a bit chilly so she asked for a hat. I made the pom-pom. I learned I was terrible at making pom-poms! LOL! It took me three tries. Ha!

Then she saw Ruby’s scarf and asked for one of those too. Thankfully @Kwality570 sent me enough. You can tell the shading best in this pic. It was my first time doing this type of shading on the felt creatures and I can see more happening in my future.

And here she is from the side. She has two pennies and two nickles inside for weigh, also a first for me, but if I did it again I would add more weight. She tends to fall to the side once I put the heavy hat on.

Thanks for checking her out!

23 Likes

She’s is so cute! I love her hat and the Pom-Pom!

2 Likes

She is absolutely adorable. I love the little hat!!!

2 Likes

Omg she’s my favorite!!!

3 Likes

She’s so sweet!

I used to use birdseed to weight some dolls, but when a mermaid was carried off by a rat, I realized that was a bad choice. Coins are a great idea. No wonder there’s a penny shortage.

3 Likes

She’s so sweet! And very well made.

From the title of this thread, I thought it might be an Arrested Development related craft. (They have a great joke about a woman named Lucille vs a loose seal in the ocean.) :grin:

3 Likes

The face! The sweet face! Dying!

2 Likes

You should make Lucille a sea otter friend! She is absolutely adorable both au natural and in her cute little hat. :hearts:

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, cuteness overload!
I love the wee little face :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone! I really have had a lot of fun making these.

@Rlynn, thank you. I learned that pom-poms were not as easy as I thought and were much messier than anticipated. LOL!

@storerboughtcreation, I did the nudie shot first this time. :rofl:

@steiconi, Oh no! The poor mermaid. I hope you rescued her!

4 Likes

I love Lucy!! (Ahem, Lucille!)

2 Likes

Adorable! And great job with the shading!

2 Likes

She is Sooooooo adorable! The shading is absolutely perfect!!

1 Like

She’s adorable! I had no idea seals were into pumpkin carving, so I learned something new today that I can dazzle people with at cocktail parties! (if that’s ever a thing again)

Clever to use coins as weights and probably less expensive than the things sold to be weights!

2 Likes

Love her!

2 Likes