Lucky/Spooky Rocketship Sweatpants for TheMister

My JoAnn’s was out of it, unfortunately :cry: But, I did find a cool sloth fabric, so it was worth the trip!

2 Likes

Thanks, all!

Oh, you’re sweet, but not really. I really want to finally learn a few key pattern alteration techniques to up my game so making something other than loungewear and costumes is worth the hassle. :upside_down_face: Hopefully next year, I’ll knuckle down and learn how to do a good FBA (full bust adjustment).

1 Like

The fabric is pretty cute.

Tomorrow, I’m going to stop into the JoAnn Fabrics in the town where I work. They might have it in stock! My local store did try to see if they could order some for me but they couldn’t.

2 Likes

How many yards are you looking for? I’m not sure when I’ll make it to Joann’s, but I’ll keep an eye open for you the next time I’m there.

2 Likes

I can go to JoAnn on Friday (maybe Thursday, but likely Friday), so if you haven’t found any by then, I can try, too. They seemed to have plenty on the bolt and it apparently wasn’t popular enough to stay off the 60% off rack, so maybe there’ll still be some.

3 Likes

While I’m still impressed by your lounge pants skills, I can definitely understand wanting to add more tricks to your repertoire! The full bust adjustment sounds like it’d be especially helpful!

The most sewing I’ve done clothing wise has been to alter my son’s pajamas. I cut the feet off his footsy pajamas and added cuffs instead. I then added cuffs to the cut off feet to make slippers. What would be really handy is if I learned how to make that type of slipper without needing the pajama feet. It seems to be the only type of slipper that remains on his feet. Maybe I’ll get it figured out before winter :crossed_fingers:.

3 Likes

What a great project! I bet those type of slippers would be a great way to get some practice with apparel sewing!

1 Like

True! My forays into jersey knit sewing have taught me to always use a stabilizer when sewing such a fabric, otherwise I’ll inevitably end up with fabric stuck down in the needle plate (this is a lesson I’ve learned waaay too many times!).

3 Likes

Thank you, ladies! I wasn’t able to find any at the other JoAnn’s either. I would so love it if you found any!

1 Like

OK! I will try to touch base on Thurs night to verify if you still need some. What is the min-max you’d want?

2 Likes

Thanks so much! I definitely will need some. I can make do with as little as 1 yard, but up to 3 yards. A 1 yard amount would force me to be a little more creative in my dress design :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These are super fun! The ghosts in the candy corn rocket ships are cracking. me. up! Glow in the dark just puts it over the top!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Spooky Rocketship Sweatpants are one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

2 Likes

WHAT!? Thanks!

1 Like

I went to Joann’s yesterday, but they didn’t have any. The sales clerk said she didn’t think they had ever had it :frowning_face:.

Bummer! But thanks for checking! Ours had it- the clerk remembered it- but it went early.

1 Like

I need to master the lounge pant for serious! I’d have all the prints like Mr.T! This is fantastic!!

1 Like

Haha! Thanks! I am definitely going to check for more prints to make more of these now. I need to learn what this kind of knit is called, though, so I can shop online, too.

1 Like

Some of the bolts were 100% cotton, but others were mostly cotton with a bit of spandex. The website didn’t say it had a special name, unfortunately.

1 Like