Luscious Linen Towels

I’m making blackout Roman shades and the first fabric I was going to use did not work. Too loosely woven. So I broke down and brought out some beautiful mid-weight natural linen I had purchased for another project…and well, you know the story.

This was the leftover linen. They need a few dozen washes to get all wonderfully soft, but I think they will be fun. I got to use some of my decorative stitches as well.

And I re-ordered more for summer clothes.

9 Likes

Simple and beautiful. Love linen. I should order some too…

Linen makes me swoon. Fabrics-store.com has great occasional deals.

1 Like

That’s where I buy my linen. I just can’t get enough of it…I love it for everything from journal covers to napkins…started a pair of linen pants and a linen pinafore…love the feel, the touch, and the colors!

Nice use of scraps…love the scalloped stitching!

Goodness I love linen. Great way to use up the scraps of some precious fabric.

I to love me some linen. Nice towels. I wish I had linen bed sheets but alas they aren’t cheap.

We splurged for linen sheets. My DW is of a certain age and linen is the only thing that is helping at night. We have two sets now, one set now is so soft, it’s heaven.

1 Like

I love linen. Love.It. And after it turns soft? Dreamy!!

Linen is sooooo wonderful and your towels are just lovely! Those delicate tone-on-town decorative stitches are such a nice balance between a contemporary look and a vintage or antique linen towel!

Twice I have “fallen for” one of the fabric-store.com’s sales and bought 5-yard lengths in two weights/colors at a steep discount. I know what I want to do with the medium weight (after a couple more washes) but I’ll need a few more yards. In the meantime, I’ve been contemplating towels myself. Hmmmmm.

I’ve made extra pillowcases with a lighter weight linen from them. So nice in summer to be able to quickly change out a pillowcase, especially when camping. I think I’ll make some light linen simple sleeveless tops next. Always looking for cool breezy tops.