Lydia the Battooed Lady

It only took me two and a half months… But I finally finished this little embroidered lady bat! I’m really pleased with her embroidery, though in sewing her all together I’m afraid she turned out a bit wonky. But I have decided it is in a cute, hand-made kind of way. I have not embroidered like this for… Well, ever. My stitch repertoire is small ad I was freehanding it, but I think it turned out pretty cool.

22 Likes

ACK! She’s the cutest! I lubz her!

2 Likes

That’s nothing wonky about her! Look at those stitches! And the fabric/color choices lend her some formality. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

She is great, wonderful stitches! :bat::rose:

2 Likes

Charming!
Lydia, oh Lydia…

2 Likes

Wow. She is gorgeous and I love her. I think she look fancy and your embroidery is beautiful!

2 Likes

She’s gorgeous! The swirly embroidery and her viney eyelashes are so lovely. And the red and black is dramatic but sweet. I adore her!

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! She is absolutely wonderful! It is just divine. Now I am singing the song too. LOL!

3 Likes

Oh my gosh! I love her. All the embroidery is lovely. Very nice work, it’s really impressive.

2 Likes

This is so gorgeous! You should be very pleased. She’s not wonky at all. She’s amazing. They embroidery is beautiful. What is she made of? Linens? The stitching its perfect. I adore her!

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone!

Her base fabric is more of the fulled wool pieces from the same thrift score I used for Batrand the Dapper Gentleman. She is embroidered with bits and pieces of vintage cotton floss from another thrift score. :smiley:

1 Like

She is beyond precious! I love the colors and stitches you chose!!

2 Likes

She’s beautiful. I just love her wings. They wrap around her so nicely.

2 Likes

She’s positively charming! Perfect in every way!

1 Like

That turned out great, the stitching details are fabulous!

1 Like

She’s beautiful! I bet Batrand is smitten!

1 Like

Super cute! She looks just fine to me-- look at those lovely ear curves! :green_heart:

1 Like

Super cute, you did great and the embroidery is amazing

1 Like

Amazing! She is super cute and the embroidery so charming!

1 Like