Mac & Cheese - BFF

I saw the macaroni and cheese characters at a Hallmark store and immediately thought of my best friend, whose favorite food is macaroni and cheese. I almost made and impulse purchase, but decided, as many crafters do, that I could make it on my own and add a personalized touch!

I got out my yarn and started crocheting. Knowing that they wouldn’t stand up on their own, I came up with the idea to put them on a base of sorts. I had a friend make the wooden box, got some dowels and turf samples, and got to work.

Here’s the finished product:

It wasn’t quite complete until I added this little circle I designed and cut out with my laser machine:

43 Likes

That’s super cute!!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness. This is SO our teenager. I must show him! Love it so very much.

3 Likes

What a sweet gift! The little sign just makes it.

2 Likes

What a thoughtful, fantastic gift. It’s perfection.

2 Likes

This is so cute! I love how they are holding hands. They both look so happy. That box and the medallion make it extra special. I am sure it will be treasured.

2 Likes

Oh my… these buddies are cute and what a fun gift :orange_heart:
And how cool that you have a laser machine :metal:t2:

2 Likes

Adorable! And that little sign is a wonderful touch.

2 Likes

That is absolutely frickin’ adorable!

2 Likes

I suddenly have a craving for some Mac and cheese.

They are super cute!

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! It took me so many tries to get the shapes right since I couldn’t find a pattern for a macaroni or cheese wedge already made and I’m so excited about how it turned out.

2 Likes

Super sweet!!!

4 Likes

Hello, Roxanne! Good to see you again!!!

2 Likes

These are so, so sweet.

2 Likes

Yummy and sweet!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, I love this!!! And the medallion is the perfect cherry on top.

(Okay, a cherry on top of Mac and cheese doesn’t really sound all that delightful. Except in this case!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

Super Fun-tastic, great creative construction.

2 Likes

These are so stinkin’ cute!!!

2 Likes

Ah-dorable. And I bet way better than the commercial version that inspired you!

2 Likes

So cute!

2 Likes