Macrame vase hanger

Last summer I fell in love with macrame and I bought a whole lot of yarn.
Here’s one of my projects. I used a stick that my boy brought home from a hiking trip. In our old place I couldn’t find an appropriate spot to put it up but now that we have a bigger living room (in a much nicer apartment) it’s the first decoration on our wall.

25 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

Your son must like that you used one of his sticks.

1 Like

Very pretty!

1 Like

So cool!

1 Like

This is lovely! I especially appreciate the transition from a mostly 2D piece to the 3D “cup” for the plant vase, allowing it to hang neatly on a wall. I don’t really want to hang plants from my ceiling, but I hadn’t really considered anything like this before. Lots of inspiration! :smiley: :+1: :two_hearts:

3 Likes

It is so lovely. You did a great job.

1 Like

Very cool! And the family collaboration makes it extra special!

1 Like

This is gorgeous! I did one macrame thing and want to go back and do some more. This is great inspiration :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Pretty! I could never do macramé so I am always in awe of anything made of yarn. Its made more special because you used the stick from your son. Congrats on the new apartment too!

2 Likes

This turned out really great! Using your son’s stick and finally getting to put it to use in your new apartment is extra cool.

1 Like

Love your natural macrame plant holder! Also interested in that string of stars in the doorway…

1 Like

Thank you all!

@endymion I bought the string of stars ages ago :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I remember you getting all that yarn, yay for using supplies! It turned out very well. & congrats on the move!

1 Like

HEY-OH! Your fabulous craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I got an old 70’s macrame “how-to” booklet from my MIL. I’ve been meaning to get around to trying it out. I love the end products just ask to be touched. Your project is so cute and useful.

2 Likes

Thank you! I feel so proud :blush:

1 Like

That is the perfect spot!

1 Like

Beautiful - and the stick is perfect! both of you did well!

I almost bought something similar to this in the craft store the other day. Your version is so much better, especially with the incorporation of hiking treasure!