Magical Forest Gouache

Inspired by @jemimah and @photojenn, I decided to search out some YouTube tutorials to work on my painting skills. I fell in love with Ruth Wilshaw’s style and had to try my hand at one of her tutorials. The color and light quality in her paintings is perfection.

I picked one called THE HOLLOW. I adjusted things a bit because I was working in 5x7" and her original is square. I’m super happy with how things turned out and the finished piece will be donated to the Craft Stars Garage Sale (soooo if you like it, this painting can be yours and I’ll ship internationally).

21 Likes

Magical indeed! This is stunning.

1 Like

Love this!! I hope you do more! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m definitely planning on it. That artist has quite a few tutorials and they all look fantastic.

1 Like

This is really charming!

1 Like

Totally enchanting!

1 Like

Magical and enchanting!
I want to go visit there.

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

Thank you, @TheMistressT, @endymion, @Tanath, and @thanate!

2 Likes

What a magical scene! I love it!

1 Like

Oh. My. Goodness. I love EVERYTHING about this! The colors, the style, the way it makes my heart happy….

1 Like

Thank you, @PaperCutPlace & @Bunny1kenobi!

This is so pretty! The light and the mood are simply magical :sparkles:

1 Like

I can imagine fairies flying there! So lovely and happy. Great painting :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you!

@jemimah - the light quality in that artist’s paintings is wonderful. She has some wild flower tutorials I’m eager to try.

@wendiek - I almost added a little fairy silhouette because the painting definitely has that feel.

3 Likes

This beautiful painting is now newly framed and hanging up in my living room. It’s gorgeous!

8 Likes

I love the frame! Thank you so much for giving the painting a home!

3 Likes

Gotta admit… I’m happy for you and a mite jealous at the same time. I love this painting!

3 Likes

I feel the same lol

3 Likes