Magical Mutant Trinket Turtle

Magical Mutant Trinket Turtle
I made it out of a bunch of junk and trash. Lots of cardboard and Crafty Little Monkey ( @Magpie now, I think) sent me a bunch of junk for assemblage art purposes and I finally got around to using it. I actually ended up using around 3/4 of it. :slight_smile: It’s fun to look at, I think. I didn’t have a big canvas so that’s why the cardboard started. Then all the assemblage.
Its roughly 18in by 19in.

You can kind of see what size it is here.

And here’s what my “canvas” looked like before. My partner drinks way too much pop whilst I try to drink healthy juice… as you can see here. Lmao

Thanks for looking!

19 Likes

Hard to believe this started as cardboard box fragments!

1 Like

I love this! The irregular shape, all the layers and bits. Looks awesome.

2 Likes

Love the irregular shape of your “canvas” and the quirky world you built.

1 Like

So much texture! There’s so much to see when you look at it. Very neat.

2 Likes

I love all the textures and colors you used! So inventive!

2 Likes

Ooh, I really like the exposed cardboard innards, that looks great! So pleased to see that stash being put to good use. Where will you display this treasure?

1 Like

On the wall in my living room! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the base layer! Clever work!

2 Likes

Magical indeed, both the theme itself and how you went from the base materials to the final project! I love the color scheme, but I’m a bit biased as my favorite colors have always been purple, green, and black. And that turtle - so cute!

1 Like

this is so well done! your painting skills are definitely high-lighted here. the blending of colors really made this piece shine for me.

2 Likes

This is really neat. I love the way you let the black spray paint run. It’s very cool.

1 Like

I love that color scheme! It turned out amazing, what a creative way to repurpose cardboard.

1 Like

Omg this is soooo gorgeous!!! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks! No spray-paint, though. Just regular acrylic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gorgeous! I love this so much and I love that you used scraps. Very cool.

1 Like

I had to click on this just because of the title, and I have to say the finished art did not disappoint. So pretty! I love the bright colors of the turtle against the darker background.

1 Like