Magpie's Scrappy Bead Class SU: 9/11-9/22 Class on 9/25

Oh, goodness, this sounds like so much fun! I’ll have to check to see if the timing will work!

1 Like

Yes! :grin: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I sent you that one? Awesome. I know a little white and rainbow one went to you too, with a prayer flag. I just found the photos, 2017 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hey gang- the class will be recorded so if you can’t make the live session you will be able to watch the recording and get the pdf. You will still have to purchase it. I will send you a link to the recording and the PDF if you can’t make it.

6 Likes

I’m hoping to make the live class, but i have signed up for it in any case, I am happy to be able to access the video just in case I can’t be there

3 Likes

Awesome!
Here’s another book made with fiber scraps. I’m going to have to show some examples of other ways to use those beads! I did make quite a few little journals but they can be added to so many projects.

1 Like

In that case, I’m signing up TODAY! :smiley:

Here are a few more mini journals with scrappy bead spines. @calluna, they fit pencils perfectly :wink:

1 Like

I also think these would make perfect accents on a clothesline necklace or bracelet!

3 Likes

OK I signed up! I’m super bummed that I probably won’t be able to make the class live (it’s college football season here, and I live in my hubby’s college town, so on home football games we tailgate & go to the game - GO HOKIES!). But! I’m excited to get the instructions and give it a go! These are really beautiful. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I promise it’s easy! I figured out some ways to make them sturdy & keep their shape, finish the ends neatly etc. A few tips & tricks but anybody can do this, you’ll all end up with scrappy little treasures & the ability to repeat the process.

At some point I was considering a beaded curtain, lol. Maybe one of these days…

3 Likes

:flushed:
That’s ambitious…

3 Likes

They can get a little addictive when you start sorting & pairing scraps, you know? I ended up with handfuls!

1 Like

I signed up and really hope I can do it live … somehow I’ll convince my hubby to take an extended lunch that Saturday from house construction :smiley:

3 Likes

I’d like to take this class again! I had a lot of fun making my first bead in Asheville. But, I should have made a few notes, so this will help me get going again. I’ll sign up, but if I find I can’t make the live class, or someone needs my spot, I can be bumped from the live session :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve got a full thread catcher by the sewing machine that’s just perfect for this class, how about you? I’d love to see your stash! Show us your"garbage" treasure!

7 Likes

Good timing for this reminder! I just promised my scraps to a neighbor; better salvage some before she gets here!

2 Likes

Even a teeny handful will make dozens of beads, you don’t need much!

3 Likes

Current “working” scrap pile:

10 Likes

Wow, I really haven’t been around much lately – we’re doing Zoom classes? How awesome is that??? *Runs off to email kittykill…

I think I can make approximately 7 billion beads with the amount of scraps in my stash. :rofl:

6 Likes