Magpie's Scrappy Bead Class SU: 9/11-9/22 Class on 9/25

I’m really glad that this project will be available even after the class, because these beads look super cute and I’d love to learn how to make them. But the timing, for me, for the class is terrible. :tired_face:

2 Likes

I’m so happy the video will be available later on too. They are very easy to make but I’ve worked on so many of them that I think I’ve figured out great little tricks for making a nice, round, sturdy little bead. I’m thrilled at being able to share the process with friends :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s my bag-o-scraps that was slated to go to my neighbor this week. She’ll have to wait.

9 Likes

Hoping I made the cutoff. Not sure if I’ll be able to join live or will need to watch the replay, but looking forward to trying these!

1 Like

steiconi, I’d love to see the bead you make with that orange bit of material in the lower right corner! That looks yummy.

1 Like

I kind of love and hate that fabric. I made a bag from it I have made sewing!.

1 Like

Today is the last day to sign up for the live class. You can sign up for the recording at any time.

I know that a few of you have told me that you can’t make the actual class on 9/25, I will make sure you get links to the recording and the pdf.

5 Likes

Can kimono scraps be used for these or should the scraps be cotton?

1 Like

If it’s a very slippery fabric with lots of stretch or it frays easily and you want to use it for the main fabric of the bead, I would recommend fusing some lightweight interfacing onto the wrong side to help stabilize it. It should be fine as is for the snippets part so long as you like the fraying look.

6 Likes

I just sent out the zoom meeting info and the pdf/word supply list and directions to everyone’s email. Please let me know if you didn’t receive it and I can send it again.

4 Likes

Here is the zoom info for you.

Topic: Magpie’s Scrappy Bead LC Class
Time: Sep 25, 2021 11:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 878 9981 7843
Passcode: 626356
One tap mobile
+12532158782,87899817843#,*626356# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,87899817843#,*626356# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 878 9981 7843
Passcode: 626356
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcN0lVKmtV

3 Likes

Yay! Exciting! Please everybody, review the PDF and have any questions ready to ask me at the start of the class. Of course we’ll chat throughout & I’ll be sharing tips & tricks for shaping & finishing but this is my first time creating a PDF tutorial so I really appreciate your feedback :slight_smile: .
My partner & the most techy kiddo ordered a camera mike stand & tested the set up last night so we should have a smooth connection. I’ll be so happy to see you and get crafty together!

If you are signed up for the video rather than the live workshop please please please let me know what you think. Your constructive criticism will be incredibly helpful for future improvements so thank you in advance!

I just read the PDF…awesome sauce! I don’t believe it is as easy as it looked…lol…I will be cutting out lots of little felt squares…I look forward to other tips about the embroidery and how to get ideas on embellishing and using these! So excited to see it actually being done…it just can’t be that easy or I am going to kick myself in the butt…lol

1 Like

Well I did make about fortyeleven versions refining the technique so it goes together well & ends up smooth and round, not lumpy & flat, lol. But ya, aside from tweaking things, it really is very basic.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering how they get their nice round shape. I was convinced it was a wide mouthed straw and am pleased to discover I don’t need to figure out where to get those!

1 Like

I am all about using what you’ve got!

1 Like

I’m getting ready for the class! It’s nice not to have to buy anything but just make a mess by pulling out the ingredients to bake a bead pie!

9 Likes

I’m so excited! :grin: I will there is a good chance I will not be there for the live class but after reading the pdf I have some faith that I can make some too! :laughing: Thank you @Magpie :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

sorting my scrap for the best little pieces!

3 Likes

This is totally ridiculous but I have such scrap envy.

4 Likes