Mailbox Vinyl

The door fell off our mailbox so we had to get a new one. I feel like we just GOT a new one, but I looked back and it was 2015. Still. Shouldn’t a mailbox last longer than 6.5 years?

I matched the vinyl to the flag color … because I could.
(I can’t say the same for the screws my husband used. WHY did he use two brass ones in among the others?)

15 Likes

Great idea! In our last neighborhood, I got mean notes from the mailman when neighbors’ cars would block my box, so I cut out “Please do not park in front of mailbox” and stuck it to mine. I figured even if it didn’t stop them, at least the mailman would stop thinking it was me! I didn’t even think to make it pretty or put the address on it!

3 Likes

@dooney My township requires house numbers either on the the mailbox or the house. I have both, because it’s easier to see the numbers on the mailbox than on the house.

4 Likes

So pretty! Hope this one will last longer. Anything under 12-15 years seems like too short a life for a mailbox.

1 Like

This looks great! And it does seem like a mailbox ought to last… decades.

1 Like

I think my parents’ mailbox has been there since at least 1982.

1 Like

The swirly design on the plain mailbox side is very pretty. Neat idea to match the flag color instead of doing white. Makes it more designer.

@TheMistressT We must be hard on mailboxes because we’ve been here 30 years and I know we’ve replaced it at least 4 times.

Last time we replaced it, it looked like this for months until we got around to replacing the post. The mailBOX was fine, so it still met USPS requirements.

4 Likes

WOW! Maybe they “just don’t make 'em like they used to”? :face_with_spiral_eyes: :wink:

I love how well you made everything match! The scrolls by the numbers and the scrolls underneath are too cool.