Make a Pouch and Fill It Swap?

Make a Pouch and Fill It

Requirements would be the pouch (could be knit, crocheted, or sewn) and a determined number of goodies to go inside. I think it would be a smaller, more time manageable version of the old Make a Purse and Fill it swaps! Maybe a 3 week crafting time? Participants would provide their favorite colors and fabric patterns for their partners.
What do you all think?

13 Likes

Id like this. I used to love the make a purse swap, but shipping something that big isnt in my budget right now. I have a bunch of Spring things that need to be taken care of.

3 Likes

I have too much going on for swapping these days, but this sounds like a really fun one!

4 Likes

This sounds like fun!

3 Likes

I like this idea. I might be able to do this.

4 Likes

Great! I’m thinking a mid April start? How does that sound to everyone?

5 Likes

This couldn’t be more timely! A few weeks ago, I picked up a couple of pouch blanks (they’re partially made pouches complete with a sewn in zipper, but the sides and bottom are not yet sewn together - that way you can hoop them up and embroider designs on them). I was then struck by the idea that I could buy some Ikea pillowcases and with a little seam ripping and trimming, create my own pouch blanks, so I headed over to Ikea and picked up a few this past Saturday. A couple of hours ago, I ordered myself one more blank from Etsy, while asking myself what I was going to do with all these pouches and why I was buying another when I haven’t even made one with the previous blanks yet. Then, lo and behold, I came across this thread :smiley:.

13 Likes

sounds like it was meant to be!

5 Likes

I agree! I couldn’t believe it when I saw the name of the proposed swap, lol.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, story of my life! Why am I buying more of something that I haven’t even used yet? Hahahah! Crafty problems.

5 Likes

I would be quite happy to make a pouch but the filling it part could prove difficult for me in terms of shipping. If it was an option to fill it with flat things, that could be possible…

3 Likes

YES!! Exactly this!

3 Likes

Like @kayrun said, I think it’s kismet!

3 Likes

I would be happy to swap flat things with you!

4 Likes

Oh, you are ON, sister! It’s been ages since we swapped, I would love that.
Do you think your daughter would like to swap with my sweet @Pigeon too? A craft & a note?

5 Likes

Yes!! My Lucy loves to draw, so it will be perfect.

4 Likes

This could be fun!

3 Likes

gozer and I made each other pods, recently, but it was using a paid pattern. Now that I made one, I’d make anither but the pattern was not great.

I was casually perusing Instructables, and here is a free pod pattern. I haven’t made this one, but it looks PRETTY CLOSE to ours, and it’s free!!! So anything annoying is made better by the free-ness. It’s not a pouch. But is kinda a pouch?

4 Likes

Thank you! I have been looking for a free pod pattern.

3 Likes

Pouch adjacent is close enough! :slight_smile: And they both start with the letter P, so I’d say it would be okay. :slight_smile:

5 Likes