Make a Pouch + Fill It Gallery - May 2022

What a great idea! And a very manageable size too. I’ll definitely check it out, thanks for sharing :hugs:

1 Like

So happy you liked it @SonjaBoo! I saw the pattern I “used” for yours, liked it, then realized the pattern was horrible and cobbled a new pattern together on the fly. You should have heard my sigh when @Bunny1kenobi’s pouches turned up on the thread a few days later! :grin:

1 Like

There are actually two! @SonjaBoo requested anything Golden Girls so I included a tin of mints (supposedly cheesecake shaped, of course!) and then last minute did a doodly ATC of “Picture it, Sicily, 1922…” It’s watercolour but not really showing in this pic.

2 Likes

I love that bag…I am also glad @Bunny1kenobi shared it a few years ago…it has become one of my favorites…and in batik, it is so lovely! Well done!

1 Like

So many gorgeous pouches! I received from @Magpie two days ago and am FINALLY posting now. I’m up to my neck in final exams and my son’s upcoming graduation.
Magpie and I agreed on extras, including items for our daughters because if you are going to ship internationally you might as well make it worth it!

I asked for a pouch for pads in tampons for my classroom. That way girls can discreetly borrow it. Look at this beauty! Not only did she include a positive affirmation, she also filled it!

She couldn’t decide on a pattern, so she tried several and sent the extras. Look at that fantastic science fabric!

She also included this adorable mushroom magnet and this loop of handmade beads. They are amazing!! I love everything about them!! I have been trying to figure out how to make these beads. I can figure it out now that I have my own.

Here are the treasures she sent to my little Lucy. She SQUEALED with delight as she pulled out each item. Magpie, you made her whole day.

Thank you so much for swapping with me. I love everything!!!

12 Likes

Yay! So much awesomeness for me hearing you and Lucy were happy with things I made for you. Please tell her I included the wooden hoop as it will be easier to work in than that tiny display one that came with the cross stitch kit. Hopefully the aida fits, I visually measured and think it should be ok.
@Edel posted a pouch like that one along with the free pattern link. It stands up and the top sort of pulls down exposing the pencils inside for easy access.

1 Like

Who wouldn’t squee if they got @Magpie 's mushroom cuties!

And, that slide down pouch is very clever! Love that fabrics!

I think the pouch to hold personal products is a great design! Do all schools have such a program of letting young women discreetly get products if they forget or don’t have access?

1 Like

Yes!! Im super exciting for the slide pouch. I’m going to use it for all my sharpies since they are currently in a toddler shoe box.

2 Likes

I received from @Sonjaboo today! And, man, did I get spoiled!
I’m highkey obsessed with all things space so she made me this gorgeous pouch…

then was concerned it was too big so made another…

and filled them both with goodies

Closeup of the necklace because it’s just too beautiful not to

15 Likes

No such thing as a too big pouch! I love space stuff, too…wow…both are wonderful.

The space pendant is beautiful…what is the background made of?

2 Likes

Wow! Such great pouches everyone is sending!!

2 Likes

I got an amazing pouch from @jillybeans and I’m so amazed by the thoughtfulness she put into it. I love it! She read my list and favorites and really put some thought into it. Thank you Jill!
Here’s some photos!

It’s a leather drawstring pouch that opens wide with a grey base. Check out the close up of the fabric. It’s so pretty with the branches and little mushrooms. I LOVE it!

Let’s open it up and see the goodies!
Handmade resin keys that glow in the dark, candies, shells, teeney tiny bottles (some can be pendants) honey sticks (my kid already snagged a couple before I got these photos), a variety of Teas, stickers, lip balm and pieces of chaos like an old spool of red thread, a key, and even a little monster friend!

This swap has been so much fun! Thanks!!!

16 Likes

I love the celestial theme and the fabrics. I am especially in love with the necklace! Great pouch!

1 Like

My goodness you have been spoiled with pouches! And I love the mushrooms :mushroom:! I’m a huge fan of them too. Soooo cute (mushroom theme swap anyone?)

1 Like

Another interesting pouch! Looks like it would hold a lot!

The fabric combo is really nice and the leather cording takes it up a notch. The sewing looks beautiful as well!

2 Likes

Oh i love the fabrics here, inside is such a great mix with outside!

2 Likes

I’m so glad you liked everything, @HolographicDreams! Thanks so much for swapping with me!

2 Likes

First off, I’d like to make some comments on the amazingness that’s filling up this gallery so far!!!

@geekgirl That fabric you picked is so cool! I love the newsprint on the inside too! Your mini assemblage is stunning and that miniature junk journal is AMAZING! For real, it’s a real masterpiece.

@Fonduie That zipper, that size, that fabric, that everything is absolutely fabulous about your pouch! I’m in awe. The way you curated the extras to exactly fit in with the package and witchy HP stuff just blows my mind!

@Bunny1kenobi What a great sized pouch! I love the extra zipper area and the fabric is stunning. I’m secretly super relieved that you didn’t use recycled denim because of my phobia of it! I bet since you used upholstery samples that it’s extra sturdy! The miniatures you made seriously stunned me when I saw them. They are absolutely amazing and so well done!

@HolographicDreams That pouch looks to be super well done! I love the batik fabric. It’s so pretty! The extras you received are also great. Is the orange thing an infinity scarf? The little Golden Girls ATC is totally on point. I love it!

@Magpie What a generous and gorgeous little feminine hygiene pouch you made. What a great sentiment for the girls to read whenever they need to borrow some supplies. I love how subdued the outside is and how bright the inside is. What did you end up making the words with? Is that just stamped fabric? The expanding pouch is adorable and what great extras too! The little crochet mushroom has stolen my heart.

@SonjaBoo You’ve really outdone yourself with your package just like every other one you do. The fabric you chose for the pouches is phenomenal! And that necklace? Whoa! Super major gorgeous.

@jillybeans The pouch you made is sooooo well done! You really did think of every little detail with it. The fabrics are perfectly coordinated and gorgeous, including the brown you picked for the inside to look like earth! As always, I’m impressed by your workmanship!

I received an equally (if not better due to the fact that it’s catered to me) package from @AudiobookLover I will post photos when I get a chance to get some better photos. I took some last night but looking at my phone they don’t do the items justice. It was dark and they don’t look great. Stay tuned for some photos tomorrow!!! Yay!

3 Likes

@SonjaBoo both pouches are gorgeous & I have such fabric envy!
@jillybeans same! The fabric envy, oh it’s terrible. I adore mushrooms & have never seen that print. The pouch pattern is really great.
@Kwality570 ya, I just stamp onto fabric that’s backed with fusible webbing, cut out the words, ink up edges & iron on. You can also back fabric with freezer paper & run it through a printer.

1 Like

Fungus fabric! Leather drawstring! I love it.

1 Like