Make a Pouch + Fill it - Round 2 Gallery

I received an awesome package from @Abbeeroad this morning! She sent FOUR different pouches and they’re all fabulous. The scrappy pouch is my fave, closely followed by the snitch bag. Sooo much crafty goodness! There was also a chocolate bar, but it needs some refrigerator time…because Texas.

The haul:

Fabric gift tags!

Snitch bag (with snitch detail from @Edel)

Scrappy bag

Green bag

Circle pouch

11 Likes

Oh, squee, I LOVE that patchwork! Now I 100% have to join that scrappy exchange swap. Just look at those fabrics! Everything is super yummy.
Pretty sure that snitch was hand printed by @Edel too.

5 Likes

The snitches were painted by Edel! I should have included that :blush:.

2 Likes

Totally agree! Seeing the scraps from the last swap is really motivating, right? Join!!

2 Likes

So many awesome pouches! And the reusable gift tags are so cool! Beautiful package @Abbeeroad. Also, I love that I recognize some of the scraps. :heart:

3 Likes

Yes! Snitches by @Edel! I saved that fabric for soo long.

And the gift bags were all done with your awesome gift bag tute! Thanks for reminding me about it. I’m obsessed.

2 Likes

That dice bag by @MistressJennie is just GORGEOUS! I have zero use for one, but that isn’t stopping me from coveting it!

3 Likes

My partner’s a li’l MIA, got something going on maybe, so I’m going to post what I made for her. She’s a teacher and listed fave colours as teal, turquoise, purple, golden yellow. I thought this pencil print was a good match for all of that. I used Noodlehead’s free open-wide tutorial, it’s one of my faves.

She said she likes paisley and while I couldn’t find exactly that, I do like the similar vibe of this mandala print in a nice turquoisy teal.

I like it when the inside of a pouch or pocket is a surprise, this bright painty print is so pretty.

Then an oversized pencil case that fits inside the bigger pouch.

More of that painty print inside.

I filled it with a bunch of fabrics, laminated book marks made from watercolours and gelli prints received in swaps, a pair of earrings and a silver chain with dragonfly pendant inlaid with shiny blue stone.

I hope she liked it all and that she’s doing OK and will check in soon.

12 Likes

Those pouches are lovely and so nicely done! Love the mandala print!

1 Like

So many lovely pouches; like that dragon egg dice bag, and the fabulously scrappy tote and the perfectly pretty pencil pouch. Jeesh! Just so crazy cool. Y’all inspire me.

3 Likes

Those DnD themed goodies are excellent, and I love the handmade gift bags!

I just adore seeing all of these delicious fabric combos.

2 Likes

Great work!!! What an amazing little zippered pouch!! <3

1 Like

One of my favorite patterns as well…you can really get to the bottom of the pouch easily!

Your fabric choices are excellent…so pretty and practical as well! The little pencils are perfect for a teacher.

1 Like

I thought so too, pencil print is fun for a crafty teacher especially.

Y’all notice how completely different everybody’s pouches have been so far? Like a real crackin’ variety. I love seeing how people interpret a theme, it’s super inspiring!

2 Likes

I received an awesome package from @jillybeans!!!

I had mentioned that I have several beautiful sari wrap skirts that I rarely wear, because they don’t have pockets to hold my phone. I was looking for something smaller, with loops or rings that I could slip the skirt ties through, so as to not add bulk with an extra waistband. Boy did she deliver!

Check out the adorable batik-like skull print! (BTW jilly, where did you find the fabric?!?!) The inside of the flap is lined in a beautiful deep red violet, and it has a great snap, to keep from losing anything while chasing after a toddler. (Or to keep said toddler from picking my pocket, which she is apt to do.)

It has one full-depth pocket for my phone at the back, and one shorter pocket at the front, for stuff like an ID or some cash. I love that I wouldn’t be trying to jam my hand into a narrow space, to fish out a key or coin, all the way at the bottom.

She also sent some awesome chai tea, a cool candle in a hammered metal tin (detail pic below), EOS lip balm, a rainbow pair of stork embroidery scissors, and a roller ball vial of calendula oil!

Look at the rose on the top of the candle! It’s way too pretty to burn.

And the vial of calendula oil, which was made with flowers from her own garden! It’s anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory, and can be used on skin to help with healing or itching. The little rollerball cap is so useful! My witchy little heart can never resist a magical looking potion bottle. :woman_mage: :potted_plant: :test_tube:

13 Likes

What a fantastic package! I love everything! The little bottle is the cutest!

3 Likes

Super excellent thoughtful pouch, perfect for you! Love that vial, how cool!

1 Like

That pencil pouch by @Magpie is just teacher-perfect! The zipper coordination is chef’s kiss and I love the little matching pouch. One of these days I’m going to try that pattern!

AH! @jillybeans nailed Jennie! That fabric is so perfect for her. I see her getting a lot of use out of it for sure! And all the accessories are so Jennie, too! You guys were a great pair!!

3 Likes

Recieved an amazing pouch from Magpie (couldn’t make it to my mailbox during daylight hours for a few days and i don’t feel safe going at night). She did an amazing job and I’m hoping to use it to carry small projects to work on during breaks. A few bookmarks for the numerous books I’m in the middle of. A number of fabrics (some i ran out of and was bummed to not have more). And a few ornaments and jewelry.

Thanks so much.

9 Likes

Loving the gallery so far!

1 Like