Make A Wish Birthday Cake Topper

I have another star-shaped layer cake planned for a family birthday and I made this color coordinated cake topper to go on top of it!

CakeTopperSandy01

Made with blue cardstock with silver glitter cardstock; two circle dies, a Bold Type die by Tim Holtz, and a wee star die.

All mounted upon a shortened bamboo skewer that I glued between two of the larger circles. I shaved down the end of the skewer to be flat on both side to make it thinner and also to have more surface area for the glue.

CakeTopperSandy03

9 Likes

Oooh, that’s going to be a cool cake! I hope you’ll show us the finished product!

2 Likes

Very cool, and a nice way to carry the star motif through.

Thanks, friends!

@Bunny1kenobi I hope I remember to get a picture. It’s harder for me to remember pics when I’m out and about with peoples!

2 Likes

I know! I get caught up in what’s going on and forget pics!

1 Like

It feels like a bummer when it’s over and there aren’t pics, but it’s also a positive that we were engaged and present enough to forget. I’m old enough to remember when most gatherings didn’t have more than a few pictures. Also, it took ages to see them and often they weren’t very good! :rofl: :older_woman:

2 Likes

Lol! Yep. Me too! So disappointing to have an entire roll of photos be nothing you want to keep…

2 Likes

Good thing we got double prints!

Great topper!

1 Like

This will make that cake extra special I’m sure!

Awww, thank you!

That’s going to be a cute cake!

Thanks!