Make Mistakes, confront the Universe mixed media collage

This is on a 6x6 cradled wood board, I love using these surfaces in my art!

This project just started off with experimentation with backgrounds, collage, acrylic paint, acrylic inks, gellatos, stenciling, gel pens, paint markers, alcohol markers, modeling paste. So many layers, but it turned out pretty cool. Thought I’m not 100% happy with the woman, I do like the contrast. She’s rather plain next to that chaotic background!!

16 Likes

I love the contrast though :ok_hand:t2: Nice work

I agree! The woman kind of gives the eye a bit of a rest from the cool background. I wouldn’t change a thing, even if I could. I like the use of the black and white border.

I use the wooden cradle boards a lot too. They’re so nice, especially the ones that come with gesso already on them.

1 Like

What they said! ^^ Her plainness speaks to the saying. Our everyday abilities are also our superpowers. :wink: Also, her glasses are fierce!

2 Likes

What @Abbeeroad said :slight_smile: I also really like the technique that you use for the faces- I like how you’ve used an existing image and then doctored it to change it up and make it unique. And, I like your method of double stenciling the letters to give them a drop shadow effect.

1 Like

What @craftADDchick said! I also like how you have the embossed letters above the lady’s head. It adds a really nice unexpected element of texture, especially due to the way you colored them!

2 Likes

This is so wonderful!

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

This is awesome and I love the quote.

1 Like

What a great piece of art. I love mixed media. It is technique that I always want to try but never know where to start. Also this quote was so timely for me. A great reminder not to take myself so seriously. This is why I love this forum, inspiration is everywhere! … I too think the glasses are fierce. Thanks, you lifted my day.

This kicks butt! That quote needs to be used (and embraced) more often

1 Like

This is fabulous!

1 Like

Love it!

1 Like

I also agree, I think she works in, great!!

1 Like