Makeover for an ugly little storage cube

I feel like it has been forever since I’ve been able to do any crafting, so I really enjoyed myself yesterday, re-covering a little storage cube seat.

I bought the thing years ago at a garage sale… for a quarter! You can see why it was so cheap; it was a stained mess.

But it was super-sturdy and had no odors or anything, so I bought it thinking I’d re-do it… but never got around to it. As we were prepping our house for moving, I rediscovered it. Added some batting to the top and stapled to the underside.

Then folded all the raw ends under and whip-stitched them in place.
Stitched the side panels together and ladder-stitched the final seam by hand.

Then folded raw edges under, at both the top and the bottom, and ladder stitched those by hand as well.

I’m pleased with how it turned out and may leave it as it is, or may crochet something for the top … eventually.
So happy to be crafting again!

32 Likes

It is way more cheerful now and what a lot of storage!

1 Like

Love your fabric choices!

1 Like

Love the changes you made. The fabric is so happy and cheerful.

1 Like

Thanks, @steiconi! @kittykill, you may recognize the roses… I used the same fabric to make you a bag in the “Go bananas” swap. :grin:

1 Like

Wow! The end result is so professional looking and so much nicer than what you started with!

2 Likes

That looks amazing! Love that you breathed new life into it!

1 Like

Lovely makeover…and definitely a keeper!

1 Like

You really turned that thing around! Great update!

1 Like

Beautiful transformation! Your stitching is perfect!

1 Like

Great job, really!

2 Likes

What a gorgeous new piece of furniture!

1 Like

It looks great!
You did an awesome job on it.

1 Like

Looks great, lovely fabric choices!

1 Like

This is fantastic–such a great makeover. :grinning:

1 Like

Lots of hand sewing! It turned out so clean and refreshing!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your storage cube makeover is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

1 Like

Cool! Thanks, and thanks for the feedback, everyone!

This is gorgeous! Nothing more satisfying that to take something like this and really make it your own, especially when it’s such a vast improvement!

1 Like

Love it!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like