Masterboards: A Walk-Through / Tutorial

This is so inspiring to look at!!

2 Likes

cut your name out of an expired credit card, glue it on as the bottom layer of the masterboard, with very little on top of it, like tissue paper and a little paint. Give those layers a good pressing before they dry to keep the raised letters standing out , and then, possibly, do a crayon or pencil rubbing over the dried layers if you want your name to better show up. It would be a subtle, tactile version of signing your name to your art!

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got net and organza left over from jellyfish piece, thought of using them as bread layers.

2 Likes

I love this magical mess to create such a cool master board. I bet it feels so freeing just to put paint to paper in such a haphazard way!

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever really understood the appeal of masterboards until this post! Seeing it evolve through each different addition is amazing, thank you so much! I’m raring to try now!

1 Like

I love seeing your process! I always thought of masterboards as just big gelli prints, but now I see that they are not!

I’m going to say it again, you are just so talented!

Thanks for the fabulous tutorial!

1 Like

I love the different colors and techniques you used to put this together. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like