Matchbook Gift Card Holder+Notepad

Our niece is old enough (almost 17!) to be in the gift card years (sigh), but I don’t like to just put a gift card into an envelope and pop it in the mail, so I try to at least make “special” gift card holders.

This is made using an Authentique paper collection called , some dies on my Sizzix Big Shot, stamps, ink for the sentiments and edges, and self-adhesive embellishments.

I also used a We R Memory Makers Big Bite punch and some rhinestone brads to attach the little notepad which was cut from off cuts!

In fact, all materials were from stash!

I just do not have the hang of stamping. I should probably to commit to pulling out my stamping platform and/or figure out some best practices.

9 Likes

What a fun way to dress up a gift card! Love it!

1 Like

What a great idea! I love that you incorporated the card packaging as part of the gift. It definitely adds tangible thoughtfulness to what could easily be an impersonal type of gift.

Love this; it does look super sassy!

I’m with you; gift cards aren’t as fun to send (even though I know they are fun to spend!)

It’s great you found a way to dress up the gift card and make it more interesting/exciting to open. I may have to steal your idea to put a gift card in a handmade notepad. I’ve got quite a few relatives who love to get gift cards.

Thanks, y’all!

“Tangible thoughtfulness” is a great phrase for describing how I feel about giving these, at least to “kids.” I know gift cards are what the nieces want and I always ask which would be ones they would like but the impersonal-ness of an Amazon or Starbucks card is just too far and I always pick another from the short list. :grimacing:

I think I might try to switch back to gift-gifts at xmas.

3 Likes