Matching shirts for junior investigators

My kiddos are very much into a radio play called The Three Investigators. It’s about three boys who investigate all kinds of mysteries. They call themselves the three question marks and their signature feature is handing out their black business card with a white, a red and a blue question mark. It’s been a very popular series here in Germany since the 80s and I still like it very much.
These shirts had been waiting to be finished in my WIP pile since autumn but I only started working on them a couple of days ago. I appliqued the question marks. To finish the seam I used a twin needle for the very first time (although I bought it a few years ago). I don’t know if I used it correctly but I’m quite happy with how it looks though.

I hope the kids will like them!

16 Likes

That is so thoughtful. What a lovely mama you are :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The twin needle stitching adds a very professional touch and a pop of color!

They will enjoy wearing those as fans of the show!

1 Like

So cute! I have a twin needle also that’s still in its case!

1 Like

Oh, I bet they are going to be thrilled! These are super cool all the way around!

1 Like

Thank you all!
I used red and blue thread for the seam but you can’t really see that in the picture.
Here’s a close-up

6 Likes

Oh, these are excellent! They will be loved to death I bet!

1 Like

Smashing shirts! And the red and blue stitching is just a perfect match, great use for the twin needle! We are big ??? fans here too, and while the 7yo likes the new kids series too the 9yo is listening to her dad’s cassettes from the 80s. I didn’t hold on to mine, but I still have a few episodes on my laptop…

1 Like

Kudos on the double needle usage! So cool and it’s adding another trick up your sleeve.

2 Likes

Nice! What’s the other side look like? I’ve had a never-used dbl needle for about 10 years :flushed:

1 Like

:boom: YOWZA! :boom: Your wondrous craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Wow, thank you all!

This is perfect!

I love the two colored hem.

I embroidered my husband a ??? t-shirt and laptop sleeve ages ago.

1 Like