Mavis's Ornamental Corn Antlers

I went in to the dollar store for green paper napkins and I came out with a pair of ornamental corn decorations to add to Mavis’s seasonal antler wardrobe!

The ears of corn are beads glued to EPS foam, so it was easy to insert wooden skewers into the ends. Then I cut lengths of jewel-toned ribbons from stash, tied a wire tie around the centers of them all and used the tails of the wire ties around the skewers at the base of the corn, under the husks.

The other end of the skewer is pushed into a wine cork that is cut in half, then inserted into Mavis’s “antler area.”

17 Likes

You go, Mavis!
Looking good!

Is there any doubt that Mavis is a trend setter?

1 Like

Mavis is ready for Fall! She’s a festive lady!

1 Like

Mavis is stylin’!

There are wall-mounted heads with ears, and then there are wall-mounted heads with EARS!

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I think Mavis is feeling pretty fancy in her new 'fit.

1 Like

I love Mavis’ new decorations!

But I’m also nearly peeing my pants laughing at “antler area” in quotes. I don’t know why I find it so funny, but it’s breaking me right now.

1 Like

Oh, that makes me happy! It felt hilarious to me at the time. Like making it into a “bathing suit area” type situation.

1 Like

“Stop! Don’t touch me there! This is my antler square!” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Yeah, I found the antler area hilarious as well!

Mavis is looking FINE! That’s a great strike of inspiration right there!

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thanks!

1 Like