Me and my Cricut

I’ve been wanting one of these for a few years now and when the black Friday sales came around, the deal was too good to pass up (I saved $200!). I have been crafting like crazy since I got it. First I decorated my Cricut (with black cats of course).
Cover

Inside

I made this pretty bee and put it on my magnet board.

Made these monsters to decorate the gift box for my newphew (filled with craft supplies. I gave craft boxes to everyone. They all loved them, yay.)

I did the paper flowers I already posted. Then I also had to use my Cricut to make the swap gifts for my partners in the Little Good Things swap.

This first one is a shadowbox of Hogwarts. It was going to be a light box but I didn’t check the size of the led candle I bought in it before hand. At least it still looks cool. Took lots of trial and error to get things right.

My second partner liked Doctor Who and since I really wanted to do something mandala, I found this one and it was perfect. Very fiddly to weed and it took me 2.5 hours to complete!

I love the mandalas and wanted to do more, so I found this H and did it up as big as I could then put it on the side of my dresser.

And fresh off the mat, I found another one to do, this time a cat (there will be lots of cats, lol). This one took me…five…hours…to weed. I still like weeding. I find it a bit relaxing. This one is small though and was fiddly so I lost some parts of it (some swirls and dots in the face mostly). Since I was making this for myself, I’m not too worried and still love how it came out. This is on another floating frame like the Tardis one above.

My next project with these will probably be to finally embellish one of my paintings, which is the main reason I got the machine. I’m definitely going to be putting this Cricut to good use!

13 Likes

Those are utterly amazing! And you deserve some sort of adult merit badge for patience!

1 Like

Hahaha, thanks. I’m having fun and I actually like doing more tedious things. It is very calming for me.

1 Like

I forgot I also made this d20 stickers for my planner to mark game days! I color them after I put them in to suit my mood.

3 Likes

Oh wow! I think you’ve done more with your circuit in 3 weeks than I have with mine in the last year!

Did you make the images?

1 Like

The Harry Potter and Doctor Who ones I got from Etsy. The others I got from design space. The d20’s I posted after I found a basic image for and did print to cut on label paper. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What an awesome idea!

1 Like

Wow, you have been making great use of it! So many possibilities!

1 Like

These are great! I especially like the Tardis and the cat. I don’t think I’d have the patience for that much weeding.

1 Like

Haha, it is very addictive, isn’t it?
I have a Silhouette Cameo, and when I first got it, I was looking around what else I could decorate :joy:

Now I mainly use mine with HTV, for shirts or onesies.

Love all the projects you’ve done so far!
Has Cricut software too? I use Silhouette software Business edition, which gives me several extra options. I can scan a pic for example.

Anyway, especially the Tardis, ohh I can so imagine how long the weeding took you!!

Great work, keep it up!

1 Like

Wow! These are fab!

1 Like

Oh wow - these are all so cool. The mandalas look so delicate. Lovely work!

1 Like

Whoa! So much weeding. Great projects. You’ve inspired me to get off my butt and use my cricut.

1 Like

I made a few more hearts but have not put them on anything yet.

1 Like

These are amazing and I especially like the blue cat. My DD2 has a cricut that she is learning to use, and loves how versatile it is.

I love all the things you can do with a cricut, and of course that kind of deal can’t be passed! Great job with all the projects! And may you have many more projects.I don’t know which I like the most, I mean, they the geeky ones are awesome, but I do like the bee :smiley:

Such intricate cuts!