Meditative Stitching

It’s been months since I’ve put needle & thread to fabric, last night I needed meditation, repetitive movement, no thinking. I just stuck the needle in the center of the hoop and started with no plan. A couple of hours later the hoop was filled. I think I’ll do it again tonight. Ohmmm…

32 Likes

Beautiful…and when you let your mind relax, it takes you to a wonderful place…this is how I get out of creative slumps…just start stitching by hand or even by machine… let it flow by letting go

5 Likes

I feel this so deep in my bones I could cry, especially those last five words. Thank you. :heartpulse:

5 Likes

Beautiful! Both the practice and the result. :smile:

5 Likes

Such a tranquil creation… so soothing and flowing … gorgeous.

3 Likes

Gorgeous!
And without a plan…, wonderful!

3 Likes

Oh wow! This is so lovely and relaxing to look at!

3 Likes

It’s beautiful!

3 Likes

You can just feel the calm radiating from this piece!

3 Likes

What great therapy

3 Likes

My “without a plan” stitching would not look nearly as good as yours, I bet! You created something absolutely beautiful!

3 Likes

It’s gorgeous! I love that when you let go, your unconscious mind took you somewhere wonderful.

3 Likes

So beautiful! Inspiring :blossom:

3 Likes

That is gorgeous, Lisa! Your beautiful soul spilled out through your needle.

5 Likes

What a wonderful piece.
If I did without a plan, I’d be so overthinking it as I went that it wouldn’t be calming or relaxing at all.
Can’t wait to see what happens next !

4 Likes

That turned out beautiful! I know my stitching without thinking would come out nothing like that.

2 Likes

Lovely.

2 Likes

I honestly do not know if I could do this (stitching without a plan). But it makes me want to try.

Thank you for the inspiration!
:metal:

3 Likes

Wow. So beautiful!

2 Likes

There is so much to love about this!!

2 Likes