Memory Ornaments from my mom's Christmas jewelry

My mom passed away in July of 2016 and as I was going through her jewelry, I realized she had lots of Christmas pins and an idea struck me.

I spent many hours that fall making Christmas ornaments for each of her 7 grandchildren, one for my dad, one for my brother and one for myself. Because I get bored making the same thing over and over, I used a variety of techniques for them. Some are quilted, some just sewn. some in purchased plastic ornaments and the two for my sons in purchased metal ornaments. I received many thanks when they were given out that Christmas.

Unfortunately they didn’t all make my compilation photo but this is the vast majority …with the exception of the two on the bottom right, the back and front of each are shown.

32 Likes

What a beautiful way to remember her! These are all really special. :heart:

3 Likes

What a wonderful idea! I’m sure they’ll be treasured for many years to come :bell::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Awwww this is darling :slight_smile: what a great remembrance

2 Likes

What a wonderfully special way to remember her!

1 Like

This is a wonderful way to remember someone — I love having meaningful ornaments on our tree. I also have a small tonnage of my grandmother’s jewelry. You have inspired me!

2 Likes

That is an amazing way to remember your mother :heart:

2 Likes

Wow! What a beautiful way to remember your mother. There is nothing I love more than pulling ornaments out of storage each year and thinking of the special person or event associated with each one. I’m sure your family will treasure these. :heart::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

So many different types…if I did not know you, I would have thought different people made them!!

What a creative way to remember your mother and have something beautiful for those who loved her!

1 Like

This is the sweetest idea, I really like it.

1 Like

This is such a wonderful way to remember someone loved, I’m certain those ornaments will be loved for years and years. Great job, they look amazing

1 Like

This is such a tender gift to make, give, AND receive. Just perfect.

:four_leaf_clover: :metal: :shamrock:

1 Like

So sweet. What a beautiful way to remember your mom.

1 Like

Wonderful idea! They look great!

1 Like

That’s such a lovely, sweet idea. :heart: And a great way to use jewelry that otherwise might have ended up just sitting in a jewelry box.

1 Like

These are lovely. Lucky grandchildren to get such pretty mementos

1 Like

What great ornaments! I love the idea of repurposing jewelry that otherwise might sit in a box.

1 Like

Precious, heart felt gift. Sweet memories and cherished ornaments.

1 Like

What a wonderful way to remember her!

1 Like

What a beautiful way to remember your mom. I love that you used so many techniques it makes each one more unique and even more special.

1 Like