Mending a coverlet

Does anyone know of a video tutorial on how best to fix this? It is commercially made but i really like it.
PSA: dont wrap gifts on favorite crochet pieces. Cutting wrapping paper is not to mix with yarn crafts!

3 Likes

Oh, how I wish I could help! I am just sending emotional support and hoping for you to find a great resource!

1 Like

It’s one of those things that I think I could fix if I was doing it in person. Like if I had a few options of crochet hook sizes, and a few yarns to try with. But I have no idea how to tell you to fix it from afar. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Thanks, guys, moral support is good, too! I’m going to muck around with it (and hopefully not make it worse! Haha!) this weekend.

3 Likes

I wonder if you could find a similar pattern on Ravelry, to see what the steps they did in the crocheted blocks were.

1 Like

That’s gorgeous!
I’d probably try reproducing the thread pattern using crochet thread and a big sewing needle.

2 Likes

Also, yet another time i wish our homes were connected to the Floo network.

4 Likes

I’m no help but…that sucks! Sending emotional support.

Do you crochet at all? If it were me I’d just kinda crochet a small grid and then use the same color thread to sew/wrap the new yarn to the old yarn. That way it’d give it strength to not rip/pull out more. The coverlet is so big I think an imperfect fix that will help it keep its integrity wouldn’t be too noticeable.

Or just get crazy and do some visible mending. :rofl: Giant flower appliqué…right?!

3 Likes

I do crochet, and I like visible mending! We’ll see which path leads to success this weekend… dun dun dunnnnnn :rofl:

2 Likes