Mermaids multimedia regular postage art (NSFW)

I made this to send in the mail to my mermaid and sea-loving friend affectionately called Seahorse. I was playing with mixed media and I wanted to send something in the mail with just a postage stamp so I said on facebook that the first person to reply to the post would get art sent in the mail. This is foldable so it can just be sent in a regular envelope.

Outside:

Inside:

I’ve been enjoying outlining stuff in white. Lol. It just looks cool. Also, I like my thick ladies. Thiiiicc

Thanks for looking!

17 Likes

They are lovely.

1 Like

these are fantastic! and I agree - outlining in white really makes them stand out

2 Likes

Lovely work…sure to brighten anyone’s day…the white outlining makes them look more like they are floating…well done!

1 Like

The textures and layers are simply glorious!!

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Thank you! I’ve really been working on my techniques with them.

1 Like

Wow, amazing texture! It looks fab!

1 Like

Well, both pieces are incredibly cohesive. You did a great job! I hope to see more!

1 Like

Beautiful, look at all that texture!
What are you using for white outlining? I have never, ever found something good for that but I like the look enough to keep trying.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad it looks cohesive! I want quite sure about that.

1 Like

I’ve been using gel pens. It’s kind of hard to get it to stick but if it’s on the right paper it helps. That and pressing REALLY REALLY lightly. I made yet ANOTHER reproduction of my rainbow plague doctor in just colored pencil for someone and I had too hard of a time with the gel pen and eventually did the rest very quickly in acrylic paint.

The outside “braid” is the part that was painted on white. Lol.

1 Like

It looks awesome but I can’t imagine my hands being steady enough to paint a thin white line all over the place like that. Good for you for making that work!

1 Like

Lol trust me, mine are not very steady. I think I have carpal tunnel and anemia or something… I just do my best!

Gah! The style reminds me of a combination of ancient Greek, Japanese, and Chinese artworks.

1 Like

i ADORE your thick ladies.

1 Like