Merpup - A Dollar Store Costume Recon for the Dog!

I picked up this little kids’ mermaid tail costume at the dollar store as a starting point for Delia’s Halloween costume this year. I modified it by enlarging the waist elastic and adding an elastic lower on the tail to secure it to her own tail.

MerpupA

Of course she needed an clamshell bra! And it needed extra, uh, coverage (not entirely anatomically correct, obvs) so I made 4! It fits over the front strap of her walking harness and attaches with hook and loop.

MerpupC

Delia was pretty game for the costume, but she’s never a fan of modeling for photos. I did my best.

Merpup03

Annnnnnd she’s over it.

24 Likes

“Done now. Stick time” :rofl: hee hee!

This is hilarious. The shells!!! I snort-laughed! :crazy_face:

1 Like

This made me laugh out loud! You did a great job repurposing this costume!

1 Like

Haha!! :heart_eyes: I love this so much!

1 Like

WTG! She looks so impressed! LOL

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

I love it. I wanna turn 120 pound puppy Odin into a bumble bee. My husband says it will ruin his street cred at the dog park.

4 Likes

The prettiest merpup ever!

2 Likes

Thanks, friends!

The look on her face in the top image is her “When this pandemic is over, I am so getting my own place” look!

3 Likes

The shells! Killing me. So stinking cute.

2 Likes

This is such A crack-up! OMGOSH I’m dying over here! She would be a hit in our neighborhood I can guarantee that! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

So cute and I cracked up at the extra shell bra! You pup is like my kitties, they will be so stinkin’ cute until you pull out the camera and then they will either turn their heads or walk straight for me.

1 Like

Thanks, y’all!

@gozer You feel my pain!

2 Likes

Made me laugh. So sweet!

1 Like