Minecraft Cross Body Bag

I made this today for my God Daughter’s 7th birthday, which was also today :sweat_smile: Nothing like some last minute sewing :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks to @Abbeeroad for the link to the pattern :hugs: I followed it almost identically, except I really wanted to include the coloured stripes to break up the fabric. I also had to ensure the fabric placement was the right way up as it had a directional print.

I wasn’t sure of the correct length, so I just tied on the cotton tape as in the tutorial, although this didn’t have the best looking finish. I would like to make another one of these for myself, but would probably alter this part of the design.

Thanks for looking!

25 Likes

I love it! The fabric is really cool and a lot of girls love having their own purse. I love the strips of coloured fabric.

1 Like

Cute! The extra pops of color really make this extra fun!

2 Likes

It came out so awesome! I’m glad my suggestion worked out! I hope she loved it!!

2 Likes

This is really awesome! At first I thought the strips were different colored zippers! What a well done thoughtful gift!

2 Likes

So much fun!

1 Like

This turned out great!

1 Like

Love it, love minecraft. My mind is blown by how the inside is finished!

1 Like

Thank you everyone :slight_smile:

@audity I bought far too much of the fabric so now there’s tons left over! :see_no_evil:
The binding on the inside to hide the seams is really great :slight_smile: Next time I might try to box the bottom corners though, so the outside looks a little neater :slight_smile:

@Abbeeroad She loved it! Her auntie made her a beautiful dress and headband out of the fabric, so now she has a completely matching outfit :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Amazing!

2 Likes

Aww! What a cute and thoughtful gift. It turned out great.

1 Like

Really cute. I love your contrast stripes.

1 Like

:point_right: WOOHOO! Your awesome project is a featured project this week! :point_left:

1 Like

Amazing! Thank you everyone xx

I love the style of the pouch and so cute that it is mine craft.

1 Like

Super cute! That turned out great.

1 Like