Mini furniture, 3D printed

I saw you at greenleaf!

1 Like

Haha, yes, that’s me, still frustrated at not being able to cram the entire text of the raven into a 1:12 scale book :joy::joy:

2 Likes

These are just amazing @steiconi ! To clarify, did you create these designs digitally before printing? If so, wow!

And I completely understand when you were asking yourself if it was crafting…when I first started using my embroidery machine I asked myself the same thing, but the answer is a definite yes! Especially when you design a pattern yourself. Isn’t it just the best getting an idea in your head and then seeing it come to fruition? :star_struck:

2 Likes

Yes, I created these designs in Tinkercad, building them up out of cubes and discs and such.

If you don’t want to design your own, you can purchase files from other designers on ebay or etsy, or get them free at Thingiverse; I’ve shared these Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects

Most of the designs available online don’t have the detail and grace I want. Plus it’s more gratifying to create my own entirely from electrons and digits and such.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s impressive!

2 Likes

Yesterday’s project, a Japanese step tansu.
It includes drawers, hinged doors, and sliding doors, and makes a staircase.

But the three pieces can be rearranged to to fit your space.

the doors and drawers open from either side of a tansu chest, so it can be used as a room divider.

I used this RL scale (a.k.a. life size) one for a kitchen peninsula in my last house. It kind of broke my heart to fasten all the pieces together, but it looked great from all sides.

Our realtor took great pictures; house sold on the first day.

1 Like

Very cool!
You say room divider, I say secret passage (yes, I’m seven. But I showed it to my kid and she agreed).

2 Likes

Wow, all of the pieces are just amazing!

2 Likes

Wow, so fantastic!!

1 Like

Wow, these are awesome! I love miniature things. So cute!

1 Like

These are soo good!!!

1 Like

WOW, this is so impressive!

2 Likes