Mini furniture, 3D printed

I’ve been making furniture like crazy, reproducing antique pieces from pictures online. I’m trying for maximum realism because why not?

It takes me several hours to do the first draft, then 2-8 hours to print, then I nearly always spend a couple hours refining it–adjust the size, add more trim, make the legs fatter (the legs keep coming out too skinny).

This one’s my favorite, with delicate pierced “carving”.

The doors open!

A fancy headboard, with an upholstery backing with holes in place for upholstery buttons.

Yesterday’s design, a petite cabinet.

Fancy vanity. All 5 drawers open, but the side mirrors are fixed in place; I’ll figure a way to hinge them for the next version.

Gothic chairs; somehow version 2 got shorter when I made the legs fatter. It’s a mystery.

This one’s a copy of a Michael’s hutch I bashed years ago. Version 1 is painted green, Version 2 has panelling and molding and knobs, but has print weirdness because I forgot to flip it onto its back.

Gothic bookcase with sticky-outy arch (that’s an architectural term).

I may have to start selling these because I’m running out of room!

35 Likes

You are so good at this! Just stunning pieces

1 Like

Whoa…these are amazing!

1 Like

I love all the intricate details! These are looking great!

1 Like

Amazing! That blue vanity is my favorite but I love them all!!

1 Like

Good to know! :grinning:
Is it just the color, or the embellishment on nearly every possible surface (a personal goal of mine)?

1 Like

All of the above, to be honest. I also love that all of the drawers open… as you know, I’m pretty partial to that. :hugs:

2 Likes

This is the exact reason why I want a 3D printer. Amazimg miniatures, awesome details, love them

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I wanted it for, too.
I got the Creality Ender3, it does a great job. Shop it out for the best deal.
Creality3D Ender-3 Pro – Creality 3D Pro-PAD-LSR-US-PM&utm_term=creality ender 3 pro&utm_content=ender

These are so cool! I remember you asking about 3d printers a few months ago, I can’t believe how far you’ve come with it already!

2 Likes

Whoa! Very cool!

1 Like

AMAZEBALLZ! I think my favorite is the Gothic Bookcase.

1 Like

How utterly creative!

1 Like

Those are so cool!

1 Like

Wow!!! These are amazing…I want them all both in miniature and full size!

1 Like

They look amazing. I had no idea the cost of the printers had come down so far! Wow! I love what you are making. They are super realistic and detailed.

2 Likes

Hoo boy! This wondrous topic is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :tada:

2 Likes

Woohoo, thanks!
Sometimes I wonder if 3D printing is real crafting. You know, I just mess around with the computer, and out pops a finished item.

Hmmm, what would be the hallmarks of CRAFT?
Obsessed, check
Hours designing and reworking, check
Big stash of materials, check
Pile of scrap, check
Glue on fingers, check
Cuts, scrapes, and other injuries, check
Wishlist of related tools, check
Pile of cute stuff, check

I guess it is really crafting!

2 Likes

These are all so amazing!

1 Like

I love this and definitely understand the want to be authentic to the original, I’m going crazy trying to make miniature books that are also readable :wink:

1 Like