Mini Gnome/Dwarf project (On going)

These are all very cute!

1 Like

I’m glad you like them. Sometime soon I’m going to hopefully have a way to sell these. And you could have your own custom one! Everything about these little guys are customizable!

It’s been almost a week so I thought I would do a little update on the number of hats I’ve made so far.

Try to guess how many there are
I’ll give you a hint (not enough)

2 Likes

Hello, everyone! It’s been a good while since I’ve posted on here. Life always gets in the way when you don’t want it to! But I thought I would add some new pictures. Nothing too new but I would like to show the real potential that these guys have.

Let me know what you think!

4 Likes

Oh they are so cuuute!
I really like gnomes, and i think the world cant have enough gnomes !
These are so adorable !

1 Like

I love that you love them. I’m trying to get enough motivation to mass produce them because I want to sell them. I have the materials and the knowhow. Just not the drive! If I actually bunkered down I could have 100 gnomes easy, including the hats. Once I get enough, I do plan on giving them out at first to let people know of my business, so if you want one, I can certainly DM you for details!

I’ve got some more gnomes in the process!
These are 4 out of 9 I did the other day. Just got some fine detailing and some more painting.

3 Likes

So cute! I love these little guys. Especially on the toadstool.

1 Like

I actually am in the process of painting the toad stool. It’s more shapely too. I’ll be sure to post as soon as it’s done! Thank you for the comment!

Does anyone know how to properly fill in the holes on this toadstool? I may have made it harder on myself by painting before filling, but maybe there’s something I can still do? Any suggestions help!

4 Likes

I made a few more gnomes. A few of them are the same ones from the previous pictures. Cool thing about these little guys is the fact that I can still reshape them, even after painting!

1 Like

I think it looks great as is! Do you mean on the stem? I think if you use a sponge or something soft and give it a hint of "dirty " ( light brownish ) here and there, around the egde on the top and on the stem it would look great!
I know i used a fine mix of glue and sawdust to fill in when i repaired a vase, maybe that can help?

1 Like

That is a fine idea, using sawdust! I’ve actually used it as a perfect wood filler mixing it with wood glue. When it hardens, it’s harder than a rock! :slight_smile:

I thank you for the suggestion. As a fellow creator, I tip my hat!

1 Like

Loving them on the completed shroom. They look like a little gang waiting to make their move!

1 Like

I still plan on doing some more painting on it, adding white dots at some point. Thank you for that perspective! I like that some of the angles bring out these scenes in people’s heads.

1 Like

My mother’s collection is growing.

3 Likes

You’re amassing quite an army there! These really are cute! And I’m amazed at how different they are from each other.

2 Likes

Thank you very much! Ive got another 20 in the works, atm. I really like the variety of the heights, as well. As cool as the other styles are, it’s usually just different color patterns and that got boring to me. Variety is certainly one of the spices to life!

1 Like

Agreed!

1 Like

Haven’t updated in a few days, but I was inspired by one of you to make some hats with flags on them. I’m not sure if they want me to post their name, but they know who they are and I’m more than happy to give them credit if they want! This feels like a group effort, from all of you and I cannot express my gratitude enough for all of your support! Here are a few hats I did:

I started simple to see if i can paint a straight line. It seems that I can!

2 Likes