Mini Hanging Sachet Ornaments

You got some beautiful, vibrant colors with the watercolors. These are fun!

1 Like

These are really neat, so creative! The handcarved stamps are especially cool!

It might be worth trying Derwent Inktense (they come in pencils, blocks, and palettes). They work like watercolours, but they are more ā€˜inkyā€™ - when theyā€™ve been wet and dried, they are more permanent than watercolours. They work well on fabric, and the colours are really vibrant.

3 Likes

The clock is seriously giving me White Rabbit vibes from Alice in Wonderland.

These are really beautiful sachet ornaments. :star:

2 Likes

Really great creations from start to finish!
This is a great gift idea too.
Watercolor on fabric?! Who knew. This opens up new possibilities. lol. Thanks for the inspiration.
Also, using the erasers from the dollar store is ingenious. I imagine they are a little more hefty than the pink rubber stuff you use for carving- just more to hold on to. And so frugal! I love it.

1 Like

Yes, great little gifts. They can be hung on cabinet door knobs, lamp switches, tabletop ornament hangers, etc. They can even be hung with straight pins in groups on a small wall space.

Though I like using erasers very much, I am going to buy a few carving blocks to carve larger designs. They would especially be for printing fabric cuts and 8.5x11" paper in one or two prints.

At one time there seemed to always be a large supply of erasers at DT, FD and budget stores like that. Didnā€™t seem like many people were buying them either. That was years ago, though. I have a good supply of new erasers. With that and working on other projects and techniques, I havenā€™t had to shop for any since then.

Oh man, these remind me of those Teesha Moore patches that used to be so popular aboutā€¦ohā€¦15 years ago? Theyā€™re so beautiful! Makes me want to pull out my scraps and put together something similar.

Iā€™ve been carving on Dollar Store erasers for a while now too, and theyā€™re so fun. Despite their price they carve up so well, and theyā€™ve even held up better than my stamps made from actual carving blocks, which seem to dry out more quickly for some reason. Then again maybe I was just buying the cheap onesā€¦

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m so honored that you mentioned Teesha Mooreā€™s style in reference to my work! I love her collage and altered art work. So rich and elaborately done, especially the characters and faces.

As I shared, I do plan to buy a few carving blocks and Iā€™d go for the economical ones first, probably from Aliexpress or Temu. Used to ordering from A. Recā€™d first order from T recently, which was fabric cuts.

I think what is used to clean the stamps may play a part in them drying out. I like to use a little soap and water, sometimes body wipes. Is there anything that you do to recondition yours after they have dried out?

Also, Iā€™d like to see some of your stamp work. Iā€™ll look at your portfolio. Share a link if you want me to see something specific.

1 Like

I love her work too! Iā€™m a big fan of bright colors in general, and yeah that was the first thing that jumped into my mind when I saw these!

As for the stamps, I donā€™t actually do much reconditioning, in fact Iā€™m kind of neglectful :grimacing: Usually if Iā€™m doing a lot of stamping I set up a wet paper towel and keep them moist until Iā€™m ready to do the big clean-up. Then itā€™s usually just soap, warm water, and gentle pats until theyā€™re dry.

I wish I had all of mine in the same place! I havenā€™t updated it in years, but the place Iā€™ve got most of my stamps photos are probably on Flickr:
My oooooold flickr stamps album
Iā€™ve done more since then (and many of the ones depicted there have been sold), but theyā€™re scattered all over my Instagram, unfortunately.

1 Like