Mini Journal from Junk Mail

made a quick little art journal using some junk mail I got.

My health insurance company is always sending me stuff and this piece was cool because it was in booklet form with graduating lengths of pages

The pages were a bit on the slick side so I coated each page in clear gesso before starting so my paint would stick and cover better

33 Likes

This is so dang cool. I love every one of the pages.

1 Like

as always, lovely work

1 Like

Wow, what a neat transformation! I really like the variety of backgrounds you created. I love that you saw the potential in this ad and turned it into something far more interesting!

1 Like

This is so cool! Those staggered pages really add visual interest, and you ran with it.

1 Like

Soooooo cool. It stands to rain that you would see the potential here. This is so totally you in all the best ways!

1 Like

You know I love this :laughing:.

Did you prep the pages at all before you gessoed? I’ve had issues before with gesso wanting to rub off slick junk mail later.

1 Like

What a great use of junk mail - just love it!!

1 Like

It is marvellous

1 Like

Absolutely amazing transformation! I love what you transformed and what your results are. Simply beautiful.

1 Like

This is the coolest!! Awesome vision for that booklet.

1 Like

They weren’t super slick so the gesso was enough. If they had been slicker I would have used a nail file or something similar to rough up the pages a little

2 Likes

How did I miss seeing this? WOW! Such a great re-use of that mailer. The cat images are just spectacular. And of course your collages are gorgeous. Really cool!

1 Like

Way to use the mail instead of adding it to a landfill. That cover cat is amazing. Its so cool. Love this.

1 Like

I bought this collage book on a whim

4 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

I LOVE it - this is gorg! The colors are fantastic. Really well done <3

1 Like

:sparkles: :scissors: :art: Congratulations! Your amazing Mini Journal from Junk Mail is a Featured Project this week! :art: :scissors: :sparkles:

1 Like

This is absolutely amazing! You turned something that was garbage into great. It’s so pretty and I love all of the gorgeous layers.
It’s giving me new Zine ideas too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is great, the cat on the front looks like he’s about to pull a knife

1 Like