Mini-Mycologist, Needle Felting

My niece Vanessa is going to like this one. She regularly gets out to search for mushrooms! I’ve done some hunting over the years. Always like to look for morels in the spring! :mouse:

27 Likes

Another amazing job! How in the world do you make these little guys so quickly? I feel like I see a new one each week and I always look forward to opening the link to see what the newest one will look like!

1 Like

Ahhhh! My favourite one! :hugs::hugs:

Thank you very much!! :mouse:

It takes me about 3 days to make one. When I need a thinking break or need to let something dry before I can use it, I make a “mouse blank”. The armatures are all made pretty much the same way and once the armature is complete, I cover it with enough core fiber to start really giving it form, but still allowing me enough flexibility to make some changes. A “mouse blank” takes about an hour and a half to make. I currently have two sitting on my side table and I’m working on another mouse. Have some ideas on what the new mouse will be doing.

4 Likes

You are killing me with these! I love this little guy so much! It is really hard to declare a favorite! I imagine you must be running out of room for them so, you know, just to be helpful…
my address is…

:wink:

Eta: those cheeks! Gahh! Love

1 Like

You truly have a collection of delightful little mice! They each have such sweet stories…

1 Like

Thank you!! :mouse:

Private messaging still works last I heard! (wink wink)

Thank you!! :mouse: :smiley:

1 Like

Each time I think one of your creations is the cutest, you come up with another new cutest!

1 Like

Thank you!

I hope very much that I will continue to do that! :mouse:

So stinking cute! You are SO talented!

1 Like

Thank you very much!! :mouse:

So cute! He’s a great little mushroom-hunting totem. My grandpa would scour his acreage for morels. He found bagfuls of them and my grandma friend them up. So delicious.

1 Like

Oh. My. Giggles. He’s just so MUCH! His little knife! His little cloak pin! Hat and bag and and and!

2 Likes

@irid3sc3nt Hunting for morels is always a good experience! There’s an area at the back of my property which is usually very reliable! I have some dried in my refrigerator.

@TheMistressT :smiley: That cloak pin is a bit of English Ivy vine with a bit of root attached. It’s lovely so I had to find a use for it!

1 Like

I just love these characters so much.

2 Likes

I love the extra touch with the cloak closure. And the whites around the eyes. All the details is what finishes your imaginings. The hat!!! Squee!!!

1 Like

Thanks!! :mouse:
There is a wonderful felter who makes full-sized hats that have mushrooms & leaves and all manner of things - her work inspired the mouse’s hat!

1 Like

I can just imagine going to a walk, but having to grab my mushroom hat first! Be prepared!!

1 Like