Mini Room book nook

I made this for @marionberries in the Mini room swap. It is a book nook that features a living room and a craft room. I made all of the furniture and accessories, and also added fairy lights. I knew that the top floor was going to be a little on the heavy side, so I came up with the idea of putting crown molding on the bottom floor ceiling, to help hold the top floor up. It makes me very happy that it worked out!

Photo dump incoming:

I am sure that you can tell by now, that I am quite pleased with the way this came out. I learned some new things, and had to think outside the box quite a bit in order to make everything in the scale it needed to be.

Thanks for looking!

16 Likes

I live this little house and it’s tucked in to my craft room bookshelf. I hadn’t noticed the crown molding. I keep seeing new little bits as I gaze into this mini world. The craft room has all I need to keep busy and the big screen TV with remote is there for relaxation.

3 Likes

I’m so glad you like it!

1 Like

SO tiny, great job!

2 Likes

Cute!

2 Likes

Great job!

2 Likes

Whoa…so many tiny details!! Nicely done!

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

That little sewing machine! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Aw, thanks!

1 Like

Adorable! Such a clever idea!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

How cute!! I love the idea of having something like this tucked amongst the books! And what a great idea to use the crown molding as both a decorative and functional element!

2 Likes

You used a giant penny, didn’t you? :wink: HOW do you people make these teeny tiny things?! It’s so much fun to look at. I’m particularly fond of the tiny sewing machine.

3 Likes

Thanks, everyone!

1 Like

Tiny goodness! I love how you use coins to show the scale, but I am amazed that you can make anything that tiny…I just spotted the tiny scissors…oh dear…too cute!

3 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

I love this piece. I think it would be a thing of wonder placed between books on a shelf. I love the differences of the 1st and 2nd floors too. The 1st level is nice and tidy and in a cool tone, while the top floor is where the action happens and is more jumbled and warm. Kind of like peoples homes in reality. LOL!

1 Like

Thank you @gozer! The difference in tone never struck me before, at least not that way. But I’m delighted by your assessment! :heart:

1 Like

Here it is lit and in my bookshelf. It is really sweet. A craft room inside a craft room. Now who can make a little room to go on the little shelf so we can go even deeper?

I love the sewing machine, the bolts of cloth, the beads and paint, and the crafty books/patterns. There is even glue and tiny scissors! Wow.

1 Like