Mini Sea Monster Faux Leather book

We all know how difficult sea monster hide is to work with, especially the delicate skin around the eye. You did a frabjous job!

5 Likes

Very cool! I love the embellishments you’ve added too.

2 Likes

Wow!! I love the color and how the scales change size and the rough cut paper and the cool hardware! Very fun!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Mini Sea Monster Faux Leather Book is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

2 Likes

It looks amazing!

1 Like

Woah. That is super cool!

1 Like

OMG this is amazing! <3

1 Like

WHOA. I would never for a moment have thought this was clay. So dang cool! I also love the use of jewelry findings for the closure. I don’t know much about polymer clay so did it really stay flexible enough on the spine to let the book open or am I just not seeing that enough to get it?

1 Like

I did a real half-assed job of binding the pages together then I glued the last pages to the inner cover. Lol!!

1 Like

Aw thanks! It was super easy though! Definitely try it out. You can certainly make a book with one block which is like $3. :smiley:

Definitely! Its definitely on the hard side of clays as in it’s hard to roll out but its so easy to make something cool. Cooks just like normal poly clay. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s mostly just hard to mix colors which sucks since there’s a limited color palette. The clay is just hard to roll out and you want to roll it out super thin. Otherwise its easy to make something cool. :slight_smile:

It is flexible enough to open and close but it doesn’t stay open on its own; it likes to stay the shape you baked it in. Normal polymer clay isn’t bendy but this stuff is.

1 Like

I love this. It looks like something out of the library at Hogwarts. The eye is a brilliant touch

1 Like

I love it! That’s an amazing little book and I love how you used the fimo. You’ve got talent!

1 Like

it’s marvellous: so little and so much details

2 Likes

The size, the color, the tiny pages! The high and low lights. What a great medium, but perfect execution!! Well done! I can’t wait to see more!

1 Like