Mini Sea Monster Faux Leather book

I saw Fimo’s new “leather look” clay and started messing around with it. I am getting the hang of it, I think. This is the first thing I made. A little wonky but I like it.

46 Likes

This is fab and it doesn’t look wonky to me.
If anything, it’s perfectly charming :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

This is utterly fantastic!!! I am in love with every bit of it :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

That turned out great! Very convincing!

2 Likes

This is really cool.

2 Likes

I think it’s perfect!

2 Likes

That is darling!

2 Likes

What @roler said! It’s fantastic!!

3 Likes

Wow! The effect is so cool! I love the way the eye looks, and the chain with the octopus is a great touch! How did you attach the pages to the inside?

3 Likes

That is some detailed little book…all those scales…I think it looks terrific…I had no idea that there was such a clay…

You put a lot of thought into this one…

2 Likes

I am completely in love with this! You say wonky and I say enchanting. It looks like a book from a fairy tale. I’m obsessed with this in every way. Hit me up if you’re willing to trade something for it!

2 Likes

That is wonderful!

2 Likes

This is super cool! I don’t see any flaws- This is defiantly something I would want!

2 Likes

Shut up! This is the coolest!

4 Likes

YES! A little bitty monster bit of cuteness. I will have to keep this clay in mind for future projects. :smiley:

3 Likes

It looks like an amazing movie prop. I adore this! Way to go on your first time working with the material. Was it a lot harder to use than regular Fimo?

3 Likes

This is so beautifully done. I love your use of the clasp for closure, and the detail of the ragged page edges.

3 Likes

Oh man i love it!

2 Likes