Mini Valentine's Hutch

As much as I enjoy making dollhouse furniture from kits or patterns, sometimes you just need a nice, pre-made piece. I picked up a 1:12 scale unfinished hutch along with some other bits and bobs from Alpha Stamps, and threw together a little love-themed project.

I painted the hutch and a wooden Valentine banner, then glued the banner along the top. Most of the vintage valentine cards, bags, and boxes were cut and assembled from one collage sheet. The little cards look cute hanging from the lace border!

Some of the jars were colored with a red Sharpie marker, but several were simply filled with polymer clay pieces before being chucked on a shelf.

There’s an itty bitty metal jewelry box that I painted forever ago, a “peanut butter jar” with the colored lid and heart, tiny cakes, baby food jars filled with microbeads, a heart-shaped cookie cutter, and the cutest vintage kitty valentine hiding in the back. So fun!

One of the best things about this particular piece: opening doors! Who doesn’t love more space to put junk?
Happy :heart: Day!

37 Likes

EEEEPPPP!!! LOVE!! If only I could :orange_heart: this more than once :wink:

This rocks! :metal:t3:

1 Like

I ADORE this!

1 Like

Those tiny Valentines are the cutest ever!!!

You miniaturists have the best details in your projects…from the paint to what you do to each little thing…AMAZING!

I love this…Happy Valentine indeed!

1 Like

This is so full of cuteness. I love the vintage feel.

1 Like

This is so charming. Well done!

1 Like

Soo cute!!!

1 Like

This is adorable! All the little details, and I am sure I received a few of those valentines a number of years ago.

1 Like

omg I love this so much. Do you glue down all the bits and bobs on something like this, or are they arranged but loose so you could make changes if you want to? I really have no idea how this wizardry works and I really want to. I’d love to try my hand at something miniature but I’m a’scared.

1 Like

Wonderful!
I love all the tiny details.

1 Like

SHUT UP! Just stop with the cuteness! I love this so hard.

2 Likes

Too sweet!

1 Like

I’m too cheap to glue anything down. Unless it is being mailed off to someone, the bits are just placed on shelves. Then after I take the picture, it all gets put in a box for use later. Or not.

You can absolutely do this! :raised_hands:

5 Likes

This is such a happy piece!

1 Like

That is just the most adorable thing!!

1 Like

So, so cute!!! Can’t stop looking at all the little things…

1 Like

This is so adorable! I’ve loved miniatures all my life but have never tried making anything. This, along with all the other miniatures showing up recently, are inspiring me to maybe give it a go.

3 Likes

So cute! I love those little heart jars.

1 Like

You should give it a go! It is incredible fun!

2 Likes

How do you just throw something like this together?? I can see painting the hutch and maybe adding a few things like the doily hearts and the be my valentine banner. But the rest of it? I feel like I’d spend more time trying to figure out what to fill it with than anything else.

This is very well done! I love that it’s random, yet cohesive!

3 Likes