Miniature Bakery

I’ve wanted to create a miniature bakery after visiting some really amazing ones on our travels. Here’s what I came up with, it took a very long time…

The bakery itself and all of the display pieces (except for the bread rack) were made from chipboard available at Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.

The displays were filled with all sorts of mini treats. I used paper clay, polymer clay and poly clay canes to make them.

I painted the paper clay breads with acrylic paint then dusted them with pastel chalks.

Here’s an in-process photo of the banana cream pie.

The exterior of the building is covered in brick scrapbook paper. I added a few planters out on the balcony made from wooden blocks topped with large wooden beads.

Hanging on the left wall I gave myself a 5 star Yelp review, a Trip Advisor certificate of excellence and figured while I was at it added in a James Beard award. Go big or go home!

Any questions, please ask.

37 Likes

Eep! All the questions! You could literally make a post for each tiny item& I’d gobble up every image & word & still want more! AMAZEBALLS!!!

3 Likes

Woweeeee wow! I love this!

I’m such a sucker for teeny things… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

AMAZING my dear! So many stunning little details!

1 Like

The details are just incredible…and all of the miniature baked goods are mouth-watering realistic!

1 Like

So wonderfully detailed! Do you make your own molds for the breads, too? They are so perfectly realistic the way you finish them.

1 Like

This is incredible, all the tiny details! I’d love it if everything is edible as bakeries are my downfall, especially European ones.

1 Like

I don’t make my own molds. I am ALWAYS on the lookout for dollhouse scale treat molds!

1 Like

I love everything about your miniature bakery!

Thanks so much everyone!

Lovely! Are the glass shelves microscope slides?

2 Likes

Thanks! They are glass slides.

1 Like

Your little bakery is amazing!
I love all of its wonderful details.

2 Likes

So cute. I love all the tiny baked goods. You did an amazing job. And holy cow that banana cream pie! Fantastic! :heart:

2 Likes

This is just insane awesome. Each time you post one of your miniatures, I don’t think they can get any better and yet here we are.

1 Like

So sweet! Thank you.

:tada: Congratulations and yahoooooo! :tada:
Your sah-weet project is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

2 Likes

This is really wonderful! Go big or go home indeed!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

the banana slices put me over the edge. just bowled me right over!

i love that you shared your technique of using chalks. so clever!

1 Like